Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,156 Members 46,462 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

g2 f30s write protecting sd card

Tip us?

sethxavier
Old
(Last edited by sethxavier; 19th January 2014 at 07:37 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default g2 f30s write protecting sd card

Hi

Ive got an f320s and for some reason it write protects all sd cards i use, so when i use third party apps like es file explorer or if i direct my torrent directory to external sd, it won't write on it. any ideas? im using latest OS on stock unrooted

f320s20g

thanks

sethxavier
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Please help..

Billy Madison
Old
Thanks Meter 202
I can only affirm that bug.It caused by Kitkat. On my F320K I can't copy files on SD by wireless connection, only onto internal storage. And I can't make a folder in SD card by Total Commander, only can move files from internal flash to SD one by one. The native file manager works fine with SD card though and can easily move whole folder from internal to SD card
Probably its a bug, IDK

hotter22
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethxavier View Post
Hi

Ive got an f320s and for some reason it write protects all sd cards i use, so when i use third party apps like es file explorer or if i direct my torrent directory to external sd, it won't write on it. any ideas? im using latest OS on stock unrooted

f320s20g

thanks
Same problem here, i'm using F320s and i think its a bug, i have already changed back to 4.22

sethxavier
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
thanks.. hmm sorry for the newb question, but how does one change to 4.2? do i need to flash it or is there like a revert option? i factory resetted the phone but it's still 4.4 on mine

sethxavier
Old
(Last edited by sethxavier; 20th January 2014 at 12:10 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotter22 View Post
Same problem here, i'm using F320s and i think its a bug, i have already changed back to 4.22
i also have the s. can you link me where you got the root and 4.2.2 rom zip mate?

kcerica
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I don't have a sd card on my G2 but my galaxy tablet had the same issue. Maybe if you check out the info here it might help to figure out how to fix it on your phone? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1458021

Sent from Sprint LG G2
The Following User Says Thank You to kcerica For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sethxavier
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcerica View Post
I don't have a sd card on my G2 but my galaxy tablet had the same issue. Maybe if you check out the info here it might help to figure out how to fix it on your phone? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1458021

Sent from Sprint LG G2
Promising, ill try and wait for the other guy to link me root/cwm on f320s kitkat as i cant find the thread for some reason then will try. This gives me hope

Billy Madison
Old
Thanks Meter 202
OK, I found out, IT'S not a bug, Google f**ked up us once again, it's official behavior now. No program is allowed to write on external SD storage any more, except the stock programs (LG camera still store images to SD card DCIM folder and LG file manager can write, move and delete files on SD)
Other programs are allowed to write data ONLY to there subfolder in folder external_SD/Android/Data
Spread this info and me thinks that this curse is forever upon us

It's from here http://source.android.com/devices/tech/storage/. The same s*1t goes on on Galaxy Note 3 with Kitkat update, I presume that Galaxy S4 will be affected too
The Following User Says Thank You to Billy Madison For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JISIK
Old
Thanks Meter 5
i think this thread will help you

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2524277

Sent from my LG-F320S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The Following User Says Thank You to JISIK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]