FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

Slow 3G speed on custom rom

20 posts
Thanks Meter: 6
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
26th January 2014, 12:11 PM |#11  
naufalhadyan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bandung, Indonesia
Thanks Meter: 238
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yezz007

I remember the speedtest on the stock rom is 5~7Mbps, with this rom is 0.8~1.3Mbps.
The speed difference is too big!

Is there somekind like patch to fix this?

When did you benchmark the speed on stock? If there's a significant gap between your stock firmware benchmark and your RR benchmark, the benchmark will lose its reliability...
3G connection is very inconsistent. You can get slower speed if there's a lot of people using 3G in your area, in the same signal tower.

Have you used WiFi and notice any speed difference?
 
 
26th January 2014, 12:36 PM |#12  
OP Junior Member
Flag Tangerang
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by naufalhadyan

When did you benchmark the speed on stock? If there's a significant gap between your stock firmware benchmark and your RR benchmark, the benchmark will lose its reliability...
3G connection is very inconsistent. You can get slower speed if there's a lot of people using 3G in your area, in the same signal tower.

Have you used WiFi and notice any speed difference?

I did a speed test on stock rom no long before I flash the rr rom, so I could remember.
I have just done a speedtest from wifi(tethered from my brother's galaxy young, 3G and same net operator), the result is 3Mbps, there is no problem with wifi.
Now what?
26th January 2014, 12:51 PM |#13  
Senior Member
Flag It's up to you :D
Thanks Meter: 111
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yezz007

I did a speed test on stock rom no long before I flash the rr rom, so I could remember.
I have just done a speedtest from wifi(tethered from my brother's galaxy young, 3G and same net operator), the result is 3Mbps, there is no problem with wifi.
Now what?

The problem is in 3G there are too many people using it. And it not happened on me

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
26th January 2014, 12:59 PM |#14  
OP Junior Member
Flag Tangerang
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by black87

The problem is in 3G there are too many people using it. And it not happened on me

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

That can't be, my brother is using that galalxy young right beside me with 2~3 Mbps speed, but when I use my device, I always stucked below 1.3 Mbps(not at the same time)

Come on guys, Is there anything I just can try?
26th January 2014, 02:30 PM |#15  
naufalhadyan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bandung, Indonesia
Thanks Meter: 238
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yezz007

That can't be, my brother is using that galalxy young right beside me with 2~3 Mbps speed, but when I use my device, I always stucked below 1.3 Mbps(not at the same time)

Come on guys, Is there anything I just can try?

There are at least 3 RR users here not getting slow speed like you do... It is safe to conclude that it is not the ROM's fault. Now the cause of the problem can be very wide... your network provider? a background app syncing? incorrect network configurations? or even worse, damaged hardware? let's not hope so.
26th January 2014, 04:56 PM |#16  
raghavsharmaxda's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 357
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yezz007

I remember the speedtest on the stock rom is 5~7Mbps, with this rom is 0.8~1.3Mbps.
The speed difference is too big!

Is there somekind like patch to fix this?

was really ur net 5-7mbps??
no ryt ??(as u said above that its abt 1.5 mbps )
there is really no rom bug buddy!
try contacting ur network operator!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes