Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,752 Members 39,816 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Slow 3G speed on custom rom

Tip us?

naufalhadyan
Old
Thanks Meter 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yezz007 View Post
I remember the speedtest on the stock rom is 5~7Mbps, with this rom is 0.8~1.3Mbps.
The speed difference is too big!

Is there somekind like patch to fix this?
When did you benchmark the speed on stock? If there's a significant gap between your stock firmware benchmark and your RR benchmark, the benchmark will lose its reliability...
3G connection is very inconsistent. You can get slower speed if there's a lot of people using 3G in your area, in the same signal tower.

Have you used WiFi and notice any speed difference?
An architecture student and likes anything tech.

Nokia N-Gage QD (2006) --> Nokia 2730 Classic (2010) --> Ivio DE88 (2011) --> Sony Xperia Go ST27i (2012) --> Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos i9082 (2013) --> (used) Sony Xperia V LT25i

Rocking Sony Xperia V with latest CM11 nightly.
Secondary device: white iPad 2 64GB, with jailbroken iOS7

Yezz007
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by naufalhadyan View Post
When did you benchmark the speed on stock? If there's a significant gap between your stock firmware benchmark and your RR benchmark, the benchmark will lose its reliability...
3G connection is very inconsistent. You can get slower speed if there's a lot of people using 3G in your area, in the same signal tower.

Have you used WiFi and notice any speed difference?
I did a speed test on stock rom no long before I flash the rr rom, so I could remember.
I have just done a speedtest from wifi(tethered from my brother's galaxy young, 3G and same net operator), the result is 3Mbps, there is no problem with wifi.
Now what?

black87
Old
Thanks Meter 111
Quote:
I did a speed test on stock rom no long before I flash the rr rom, so I could remember.
I have just done a speedtest from wifi(tethered from my brother's galaxy young, 3G and same net operator), the result is 3Mbps, there is no problem with wifi.
Now what?
The problem is in 3G there are too many people using it. And it not happened on me

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

Thanks me if my post USEFUL

Yezz007
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by black87 View Post
The problem is in 3G there are too many people using it. And it not happened on me

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
That can't be, my brother is using that galalxy young right beside me with 2~3 Mbps speed, but when I use my device, I always stucked below 1.3 Mbps(not at the same time)

Come on guys, Is there anything I just can try?

naufalhadyan
Old
Thanks Meter 236
Quote:
That can't be, my brother is using that galalxy young right beside me with 2~3 Mbps speed, but when I use my device, I always stucked below 1.3 Mbps(not at the same time)

Come on guys, Is there anything I just can try?
There are at least 3 RR users here not getting slow speed like you do... It is safe to conclude that it is not the ROM's fault. Now the cause of the problem can be very wide... your network provider? a background app syncing? incorrect network configurations? or even worse, damaged hardware? let's not hope so.
An architecture student and likes anything tech.

Nokia N-Gage QD (2006) --> Nokia 2730 Classic (2010) --> Ivio DE88 (2011) --> Sony Xperia Go ST27i (2012) --> Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos i9082 (2013) --> (used) Sony Xperia V LT25i

Rocking Sony Xperia V with latest CM11 nightly.
Secondary device: white iPad 2 64GB, with jailbroken iOS7

raghavsharmaxda
Old
Thanks Meter 332
Quote:
I remember the speedtest on the stock rom is 5~7Mbps, with this rom is 0.8~1.3Mbps.
The speed difference is too big!

Is there somekind like patch to fix this?
was really ur net 5-7mbps??
no ryt ??(as u said above that its abt 1.5 mbps )
there is really no rom bug buddy!
try contacting ur network operator!
Winter is coming #GameOfThrones