Huge GPS Problems (P6 B125)

Search This thread

taurui

Dec 21, 2010
Hey guys,

I really like my P6, but there's one thing that's bugging me to death:
For some reason, sometimes, when I activate a GPS based app (e.g. Google Maps .. or GPS Status), GPS is not activated along with it.
To be more precise, GPS is enabled in settings but no icon is showing up in the status bar.
Usually, when I open a GPS based app, the GPS icon immediately shows and blinks until it has a lock, then it stops blinking.

Now, most of the time, nothing like that happens!! No icon at all, maps is totally lost and GPS status shows 0 satellites.
Sometimes, a reboot will fix it, but sometimes, even then it doesn't work.

Am I doing something wrong? This is totally weird!

taurui

Dec 21, 2010
Yeah, I hid that in the title ^^ B125
Some guys in a german support forum also had that problem. Noone could solve it yet.

sisqoboy

Apr 28, 2012
Same problem here...
even when I switch to front camera - gallery has stopped error comes up...

Disappointed..

:(

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using xda app-developers app

halman

Mar 20, 2012
Athens
Hey guys,

For some reason, sometimes, when I activate a GPS based app (e.g. Google Maps .. or GPS Status), GPS is not activated along with it.
To be more precise, GPS is enabled in settings but no icon is showing up in the status bar.
Usually, when I open a GPS based app, the GPS icon immediately shows and blinks until it has a lock, then it stops blinking.

Now, most of the time, nothing like that happens!! No icon at all, maps is totally lost and GPS status shows 0 satellites.

Same problem here...

Disappointed..

I had the exact same problem with you guys. It happened when I force-killed a GPS app I was using. After that I couldn't use the GPS with any app!!
I did a nand restore and everything is ok now. So from my point of view you have 2 solutions.
1. Restore your phone to a previous state where the GPS worked (e.g. TWRP backup) or
2. Reinstall the B.125 rom using the update.app

my 2c

Reactions: sisqoboy

bokchoi2020

Jul 24, 2013
Ottawa
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 7 Pro
Same problem here...

Disappointed..

Are you willing to take apart your phone? Because I am pretty sure that you have a loose connector that connects your front camera to the mainboard. I took apart my cellphone entirely yesterday b/c the sim tray wasn't reading the sim card. I cleaned the sim tray and now it works.

If you want to take apart your phone, make sure you check some tutorials like "Huawei p6 disassembly" before you actually start.
TIP: the connector for the front camera is on the left top side of the main board.

Now, I am not responsible if it breaks, just a tip if you want to try it.

sisqoboy

Apr 28, 2012
Thanks for the idea. I would rather send it back because I still have warranty on it...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

Same problem here...

Disappointed..

I had the exact same problem with you guys. It happened when I force-killed a GPS app I was using. After that I couldn't use the GPS with any app!!
    I did a nand restore and everything is ok now. So from my point of view you have 2 solutions.
    1. Restore your phone to a previous state where the GPS worked (e.g. TWRP backup) or
    2. Reinstall the B.125 rom using the update.app

my 2c