Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,682 Members 42,693 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] restore backup twrp

Tip us?

undergrad
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default [Q] restore backup twrp

I made a backup of my stock rom on my fido i747 before installing cm11. I made the backup using twrp but now that I installed cm11 twrp was removed and I'm now running clockwork mod. What's the easiest way to go about restoring my twrp backup? I'm guessing I just need to reinstall twrp and restore my previous backup...
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ted77usa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3101

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by undergrad View Post
I made a backup of my stock rom on my fido i747 before installing cm11. I made the backup using twrp but now that I installed cm11 twrp was removed and I'm now running clockwork mod. What's the easiest way to go about restoring my twrp backup? I'm guessing I just need to reinstall twrp and restore my previous backup...
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The way twrp and cwm create the back up files are different so either u need to re-install twrp or make another back up using cwm...... hope this help

Swyped from MK2 Dark Venomous X1

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3070
Google i337 twrp zip xda and flash that in cwm. It'll replace cwm with twrp.

undergrad
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Alright so I tried installing TWRP via goo manager. I downloaded the app and installed the openrecoveryscript. It shows that it's installed, yet whenever I tried and reboot into recovery it still boots into clockwork... I have gone as far as trying to delete Rom Manager app from my phone and I tried installing the openrecoveryscript again. Any suggestions on how I should go about fixing this. I`m currently running 11.0-installerXNPQ02R.