The same here, does any one know that ?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49289506

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

A_youu
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckavvouras View Post
I don't need the warranty but if I do one day decide to sell the phone I don't want to pawn it off on some person that might need Knox or prefer a device that is clean

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda app-developers app

Normally people don't check Knox counter.

mindmajick
Old
Thanks Meter 2723

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_youu View Post
I would.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

ckavvouras
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_youu View Post
thats not the point man, there might be people out there that want a working knox system lol, hell if i was buying a phone i would lol
The Following User Says Thank You to ckavvouras For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dicksteele
Old
Thanks Meter 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrekOpher View Post
I am sure KNOX is built for corporate security. The reason KNOX even offers this feature is so that a corporate IT department can tell if an employee has been trying to modify a company owned/used device, If the KNOX is tripped it will block the device from connected to compnay servers and internet. This has been confirmed to me by Samsung in a corporate setting as I work as an IT buyer for one of the largest privately own companies in the world. We specifically asked that if an employee tries to modify a device and trips the KNOX can we still return the device to samsung to have KNOX reset so the device and be reissued to a new employee and were told that we could.

Now this was all for corporate use and not for personal use, but this tells me that it is not an issue to trip KNOX, and that Samsung has a way to reset it.

However all of that is besides the point, because the warranty on the device provided by Samsung is only for 1 year. They do not offer a longer one, which means most device are out of warranty already or will be in the next 4-6 months. You could buy a replacement plan from your carrier, but that is a replacement plan not a true warranty. A replacement plan is different from a warranty. Most likely with a replacement plan you would have to pay a deposit and they would give you a refurbished device not your original one back. Also with the extra warranties the device is covered even if it is smashed to pieces, so you don't have to worry about the knox being tripped.

As for OTA updates. It has not been confirmed it it will affect them or not, but it also has not been confirmed we will even get another update. Right now the note2 is not on the list for 4.4.2. Also if you root your phone, which is the only way the KNOX would be tripped, you most likely wouldn't do the OTS update anyway you would probably just flash a new TW based 4.4 ROM or a stock rooted version of the TW 4.4 when it comes out.

the only real reason to worry about the KNOX being tripped is if you are planning on selling your phone in the next 6 months to someone who is planning on using it for their corporate phone. And as someone who works in IT purchasing, their is no way I would let some have a BYOD connect to any of my servers that they bought used.

So all in all its just a lot of people being afraid and going through really complicated processes for no reason. I mean did you freak out when you rooted your phone the first time. That technically voided the warranty right there, tripping KNOX is no different it is just another notification so that you can't connect to a KNOX secured corporate structure.
Zen had me test out a bunch of scenarios to update from Original Note 2 Stock ROM all the way up to 4.3 using OTA. I am on OTA 4.3 bootloader and I have Knox tripped.
I was able to ODIN from original Stock ROM and get all OTA's up to the 4.3.

With the long weekend I'll try and write up an how to. It does involve flashing Seanz's 4.3 Param.bin and Tz.img. Boot loops occurred, and failure to get to recovery occurs, this was the fix.
Crazy? Some people think walking down the street muttering to yourself is crazy. I'll tell you what crazy is: Crazy is walking down the street with half a cantaloupe on your head, saying: "I'm a hamster. I'm a hamster." That's crazy.
The Following User Says Thank You to dicksteele For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

craig.hagler
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by myvekdrifters View Post
I had done OTA ATT update to 4.3. CF-Auto-root phone. installed TWRP and stuck on Galaxy Note II screen. I can access download mode. But I can't access Recovery Mode. Flashed the ODEX rooted version of MK6 posted on one of the thread in android development link...still stuck. Flashed Philz CWM Recovery from that same thread, still stuck with no access to recovery. HELP!!!
I'm having the same issue!! did you get it figured out? if so, please help me.

dicksteele
Old
Thanks Meter 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig.hagler View Post
I'm having the same issue!! did you get it figured out? if so, please help me.
Try reflashing AT&T i317 ODIN 4.3 UCUBMJ4 (Leak) Bootloader & TZ (AT&T Note 2 ONLY)

http://d-h.st/Krs

This is flashed via ODIN.

And now that I look, it's the same thing I stated in the post above yours ........
Crazy? Some people think walking down the street muttering to yourself is crazy. I'll tell you what crazy is: Crazy is walking down the street with half a cantaloupe on your head, saying: "I'm a hamster. I'm a hamster." That's crazy.

slicingtaco
Old
(Last edited by slicingtaco; 26th January 2014 at 04:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 317
delete
-

slicingtaco
Old
Thanks Meter 317
Using Odin 3.09 can i use the BL (Bootloader) button or the PDA slot. Doesn't matter...
-

dicksteele
Old
Thanks Meter 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicingtaco View Post
Using Odin 3.09 can i use the BL (Bootloader) button or the PDA slot. Doesn't matter...
PDA slot. I know it's called something different now. But it's in the same position that PDA slot was in on 3.07

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dicksteele For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]