Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 52,504 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Gapps problem after updating Cyanogen mod

Tip us?

scotts06
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Gapps problem after updating Cyanogen mod

I just updated Cyanogen mod from 10.1 to 10.2.0-d2vzw, which updated the phone from Android 4.2 to 4.3, which requires a new gapps. So I downloaded gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip, which is what cyanogenmod’s website said to use, and put the .zip file on my SD card. I then told cyanogenmod to go ahead with the update, and it proceeded to reboot the phone into TWRP and install the update without giving me a chance to select the new gapps. The phone then rebooted as normal into a working Android 4.3, but Keep, Hangouts, Google Drive, etc crash immediately. I figured this was because I did not get to install the new gapps, so I manually boot into TWRP and install the new gapps only. After the installation is done, I reboot my phone successfully, but I still have the same problem where Keep, Hangouts, Google Drive, and maybe others are still crashing. The play store does seem to work now though. What steps should I take to fix these apps? I do have root access. Thanks!

buhohitr
Old
Thanks Meter 1,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotts06 View Post
I just updated Cyanogen mod from 10.1 to 10.2.0-d2vzw, which updated the phone from Android 4.2 to 4.3, which requires a new gapps. So I downloaded gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip, which is what cyanogenmod’s website said to use, and put the .zip file on my SD card. I then told cyanogenmod to go ahead with the update, and it proceeded to reboot the phone into TWRP and install the update without giving me a chance to select the new gapps. The phone then rebooted as normal into a working Android 4.3, but Keep, Hangouts, Google Drive, etc crash immediately. I figured this was because I did not get to install the new gapps, so I manually boot into TWRP and install the new gapps only. After the installation is done, I reboot my phone successfully, but I still have the same problem where Keep, Hangouts, Google Drive, and maybe others are still crashing. The play store does seem to work now though. What steps should I take to fix these apps? I do have root access. Thanks!
Try to wipe cache and dalvik cache see it helps.

scotts06
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr View Post
Try to wipe cache and dalvik cache see it helps.
This did not help, but thank you for trying.