Help "data/media/0"

Tip us?

Wndth
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Help "data/media/0"

Hi.

I have an e975 and flashed philz cwm recovery (in the thread says "kit kat ready"), then flashed omnirom (excellent rom) but it installed in data/media/0 instead of data/media, why is that? In philz recovery --> advanced I specified data/media.

Can anyone help me solve that problem? It's annoying to have to move all my data from one place to another and back if I decide to restore to where I was.

Thank you

Enviado desde mi LG-E975 usando Tapatalk 2

alluebin
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I'm having the same problem after flashing epsilon rom (stock) from vanir 4.4

2nd Sky
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by alluebin View Post
I'm having the same problem after flashing epsilon rom (stock) from vanir 4.4
Android 4.1 has no multiuser function
since 4.2 there is multiuser option

User 1 has as storage sdcard/0, user2 sdcard/10, user3 sdcard/20, .... thats the "problem"
LG Optimus G E975
StockRom with Xposed || MIUI v5 <3

Wndth
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Any way to solve it? I've been reading and it says I have to update my cwm version but I have the latest and still the same problem

hasan4791
Old
Thanks Meter 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wndth View Post
Hi.

I have an e975 and flashed philz cwm recovery (in the thread says "kit kat ready"), then flashed omnirom (excellent rom) but it installed in data/media/0 instead of data/media, why is that? In philz recovery --> advanced I specified data/media.

Can anyone help me solve that problem? It's annoying to have to move all my data from one place to another and back if I decide to restore to where I was.

Thank you

I think you got the media storage option in philz recovery in wrong way....its not to specify the media path for rom rather its to specify the media path for the recovery to do backup and restore your rom...

Guide to Track Android Device|Antitheft|Secure Droid
Don't FORGET to click Thanx...

Works:

Device:

LG Optimus G(E-975) Indian Version
Stock Rom 4.1.2 v10f
Kernel 3.4.0

Wndth
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasan4791 View Post
I think you got the media storage option in philz recovery in wrong way....its not to specify the media path for rom rather its to specify the media path for the recovery to do backup and restore your rom...
Could you explain yourself in a better way? Maybe a screenshot of where to specify the correct path or something, because I can't find the option in philz cwm

kt-Froggy
Old
Thanks Meter 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wndth View Post
Could you explain yourself in a better way? Maybe a screenshot of where to specify the correct path or something, because I can't find the option in philz cwm
What @hasan4791 is trying to say is that the path you specify in PhilZ recovery (the last option under Advanced) has nothing to do with how ROM is using the storage, and where it puts the data. It's strictly for the recovery itself. The folder structure for user data is different between Android versions, as already explained. It's the way it is, there is nothing to fix...
Optimus G F180S, tweaked E975 Stock 4.1.2
Xperia X10 Mini, rooted stock 2.1
MeMO Pad HD 7 ME173X, rooted stock 4.2.2

To whom it may concern: STOP nagging about pressing the freakin' Thanks button!!! It is rude, stupid, and annoys the hell out of people. I am not an idiot who needs a huge in-my-face reminder to press it, and I will press it when I feel thankful, not because you asked for it!

Wndth
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-Froggy View Post
What @hasan4791 is trying to say is that the path you specify in PhilZ recovery (the last option under Advanced) has nothing to do with how ROM is using the storage, and where it puts the data. It's strictly for the recovery itself. The folder structure for user data is different between Android versions, as already explained. It's the way it is, there is nothing to fix...
It couldn't be more clear. Thanks for the lesson.

Thread closed.

One more thing, if we like to jump from rom to rom, better is to move al our files to data/media/0, so every rom can see them, that's why I opened this thread, because I flashed 4.4 and all of my files were gone