Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,319 Members 51,134 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone Bricked, can anyone help please??

Tip us?

Penley94
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by engine95 View Post
You have to root before unlocking.

Make sure your phone has at least 70 percent charge or more!!

Go to Settings: Settings>Security>Unknown sources checked: Settings>Developer Options>USB Debugging checked, Settings> Display>Screen Timeout - at least 5 min

from fiddy thread.
Directions

1. Unzip the zip file
2. Make sure USB Debugging is on, and you are in Charge only Mode
3. Run the CurrentRoot.bat, wait for the prompt. (Can now be run as admin if you wish, Still works running as regular user tho. Thanks robisodd)
4. Change to MTP Mode
5. Just ignore when your computer asks how to view files on your device.
6. Press enter in the CMD prompt to continue.
7. Done.

You shouldn't have any issues.
If you do, then try Framaroot. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2130276 and follow those directions.

Follow this. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2050582 It has all the info on rooting and unlocking

Edit. You may have to root as admin/not admin, try both.
Edit #2 Also, do not use USB 3.0 ports. They are iffy for this stuff. LGNPST included
Thanks I got it rooted, I just ran it through charge mode and it worked fine now my freegee and everything works and I have the newest TWRP installed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Penley94 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Penley94
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPTesla View Post
AOSP SuperNexus has been getting good reviews here in the forums but I haven't tried it yet. I would give that one a shot though. I'd flash GAPPS standard with it instead of GAPPS core as well. This is just generally speaking with any of the AOSP roms.

The directions @engine95 gave you for fiddy are spot on(as usual ), specifically having the phone in charge only mode instead of mtp. I think a lot of people have missed that step and it won't work in mtp. Using usb 2.0 is another good tip.

And if your phone didn't reboot, you probably arent rooted. Easiest way to check that you are rooted is by going into the app drawer and seeing either Superuser or SuperSu app. If it's there, you're rooted, if not, it didnt work. If it said it worked but didnt reboot, Im assuming you rebooted manually? It sounds silly but sometimes it's as simple as that. But again, after rebooting if one of those apps arent there, you are not rooted.

EDIT: I've never tried rooting with fiddy without being in charge only mode, Im wondering if being in mtp may install supersu/superuser app but not the binary? Probably not but I could be wrong. Just wondering if there is any possible way that the app could be there but you still wouldn't have root privileges. For me, if the app is there, I'm rooted but I don't pretend to know everything(far from it, lol).

EDIT#2: Once you are rooted and recovery is installed, here is the link to SuperNexus.

EDIT#3: And I can't stress this one enough....after rooting and unlocking the bootloader, before flashing ANYTHING, make a full backup of your stock AND copy the TWRP folder(with your backup in it) to a computer, JUST IN CASE! That way you will always have a backup elsewhere, even if something goes wrong with your phone's internal storage. Better safe than sorry!!! And it's also best to copy the entire TWRP folder.
I unlocked my bootloader and made a back up and backed all of my phone up to my Computer just in case anything happen, I feel a lot safer with my phone now that I have everything backed up and know how to fix a soft brick. Ill try SuperNexus first and see how much I like it if I dont Ill try out other and see which ones I like best, I havnt tryed many at all.Thanks again for all the help!
The Following User Says Thank You to Penley94 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HPTesla
Old
Thanks Meter 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penley94 View Post
I unlocked my bootloader and made a back up and backed all of my phone up to my Computer just in case anything happen, I feel a lot safer with my phone now that I have everything backed up and know how to fix a soft brick. Ill try SuperNexus first and see how much I like it if I dont Ill try out other and see which ones I like best, I havnt tryed many at all.Thanks again for all the help!
You are quite welcome, no problem at all and happy flashing(That sounds dirty, lmao)!!

Like the banner? Original Dr Who image found here.

Sprint LS990 LG G3
Rooted and currently praying to the bootloader gods.......

Nexus 7 2nd Gen 2013
with Multirom TWRP 2.6.3

RETIRED
Sprint LS970 LG Optimus G
HTC EVO 4G

My android bootanimations can all be found here.

“The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine.” - Nikola Tesla

The Following User Says Thank You to HPTesla For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]