Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,072 Members 45,493 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] why my Gyroscope/accelerometer work only in portrait mode?

Tip us?

alaslipknot
Old
(Last edited by alaslipknot; 25th January 2014 at 05:23 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] why my Gyroscope/accelerometer work only in portrait mode?

Hello everyone,
I have a Galaxy S Advance Gt I1970, running under Android 4.1.2 (official update). the problem is when i try to play games that require the phone sensors, for example Angry Birds Go or Frisbee Forever, the player always go to the left, but then i tried "Ridiculous Fishing" which is also a game that require sensors and it works perfectly but this game doesn't rotate the phone to the landscape mode, then i tried an application called "accelerometer test" and the result was as expected, i can control the ball when am holding the phone in portrait position bust when it's in landscape, everything is missed up. Any advice please ?

thank you

R_a_z_v_a_n
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,716
Recalibrate horizontal sensor. Only in GingerBread you can do that recalibration, because it hapened to me and downgrade and recalibration is single solution i find it.
Good luck

alaslipknot
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_a_z_v_a_n View Post
Recalibrate horizontal sensor. Only in GingerBread you can do that recalibration, because it hapened to me and downgrade and recalibration is single solution i find it.
Good luck
so it's a software problem ? and can only be solved by downgrading to GingerBread ???

shut_down
Old
Thanks Meter 3,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaslipknot View Post
so it's a software problem ? and can only be solved by downgrading to GingerBread ???
That is what he told you. Yes.

Послато са GT-I9070 уз помоћ Тапатока

xOasis1A
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I had the same problem, i fix it getting my phone to samsung city point, it was a hardware problem, your rotation sensor is damaged inside i think ( for mewas this) if you calibrate it i think will change nothing.
Tags
accelerometer, gyroscope, sensors