Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] why my Gyroscope/accelerometer work only in portrait mode?

OP alaslipknot

25th January 2014, 06:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

35 posts
Hello everyone,
I have a Galaxy S Advance Gt I1970, running under Android 4.1.2 (official update). the problem is when i try to play games that require the phone sensors, for example Angry Birds Go or Frisbee Forever, the player always go to the left, but then i tried "Ridiculous Fishing" which is also a game that require sensors and it works perfectly but this game doesn't rotate the phone to the landscape mode, then i tried an application called "accelerometer test" and the result was as expected, i can control the ball when am holding the phone in portrait position bust when it's in landscape, everything is missed up. Any advice please ?

thank you
Last edited by alaslipknot; 25th January 2014 at 06:23 AM.
25th January 2014, 09:01 AM   |  #2  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
XDA Assist Team
Thanks Meter: 2,011

2,974 posts
More
Recalibrate horizontal sensor. Only in GingerBread you can do that recalibration, because it hapened to me and downgrade and recalibration is single solution i find it.
Good luck
25th January 2014, 06:37 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_a_z_v_a_n

Recalibrate horizontal sensor. Only in GingerBread you can do that recalibration, because it hapened to me and downgrade and recalibration is single solution i find it.
Good luck

so it's a software problem ? and can only be solved by downgrading to GingerBread ???
25th January 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #4  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 3,493

7,647 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaslipknot

so it's a software problem ? and can only be solved by downgrading to GingerBread ???

That is what he told you. Yes.

Послато са GT-I9070 уз помоћ Тапатока
26th January 2014, 11:11 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

41 posts
More
I had the same problem, i fix it getting my phone to samsung city point, it was a hardware problem, your rotation sensor is damaged inside i think ( for mewas this) if you calibrate it i think will change nothing.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
accelerometer, gyroscope, sensors
Previous Thread Next Thread