5,604,631 Members 42,014 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Solved] Stuck at HTC Logo after Custom ROM flash - no reboot

Tip us?

snehonja
Old
(Last edited by snehonja; 26th January 2014 at 10:24 PM.) Reason: marked as solved.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] [Solved] Stuck at HTC Logo after Custom ROM flash - no reboot

Hey guys,

as HTC doesn't deliver an officiall KitKat ROM, I just decided not to wait any longer and to flash a custom ROM. While I have flashed custom recoveries and (because of root) installed OTA updates manually, this is the first time I installed a custom ROM.

I chose the AOKP ROM offered by PippoX3 here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2516863 as it seemed to be stable.

I followed the instructions: downloaded and flashed Lloir's CWM version from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2074244 - worked, and I was able to boot the stock rom afterwards. Made a Nandroid backup, did a full wipe, copied AOKP and PA GAPPS (modular full) zip files to /data/media (=the internal sdcard), flashed ROM, flashed GAPPS. Afterwards, I rebooted.

That's where I'm stuck. All I'm seeing is the HTC Logo, so it might be either a bootloop (but backgroudn is solid white, no pulsing or anything), or it's frozen. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem - just reboot. But: Pressing Power or Power+VolumeDown doesn't do ****. (Well, actually the Hardware Button LED starts to flash as they should, but no reboot).

As the HOX+ unfortunately has a build-in battery, it's no option to just remove it... So all I'm hoping for is either some hints from you, guys, or for the battery to run out and, I'f I'm lucky, the phone to charge afterwards (if it doesn't charge it's officielly bricked I guess).

So: What do do now?

PS: Studying infomratics, so get as technical as you like. I'm not an expert in android OS structure, but I'll get most things. I'm not afraid of the console, nor Linux, nor anything. But: I won't follow "I dunno why and it seems strage but do it although I don't know why it sometimes work"-instructions that seem just weird... so please, if you don't know what do do either, just skip it.

grigoriisi
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by snehonja View Post
Hey guys,

as HTC doesn't deliver an officiall KitKat ROM, I just decided not to wait any longer and to flash a custom ROM. While I have flashed custom recoveries and (because of root) installed OTA updates manually, this is the first time I installed a custom ROM.

I chose the AOKP ROM offered by PippoX3 here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2516863 as it seemed to be stable.

I followed the instructions: downloaded and flashed Lloir's CWM version from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2074244 - worked, and I was able to boot the stock rom afterwards. Made a Nandroid backup, did a full wipe, copied AOKP and PA GAPPS (modular full) zip files to /data/media (=the internal sdcard), flashed ROM, flashed GAPPS. Afterwards, I rebooted.

That's where I'm stuck. All I'm seeing is the HTC Logo, so it might be either a bootloop (but backgroudn is solid white, no pulsing or anything), or it's frozen. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem - just reboot. But: Pressing Power or Power+VolumeDown doesn't do ****. (Well, actually the Hardware Button LED starts to flash as they should, but no reboot).

As the HOX+ unfortunately has a build-in battery, it's no option to just remove it... So all I'm hoping for is either some hints from you, guys, or for the battery to run out and, I'f I'm lucky, the phone to charge afterwards (if it doesn't charge it's officielly bricked I guess).

So: What do do now?

PS: Studying infomratics, so get as technical as you like. I'm not an expert in android OS structure, but I'll get most things. I'm not afraid of the console, nor Linux, nor anything. But: I won't follow "I dunno why and it seems strage but do it although I don't know why it sometimes work"-instructions that seem just weird... so please, if you don't know what do do either, just skip it.
Just flash mannually the boot img that came with the rom. Look in the specific thread of the custom rom or google it .

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

snehonja
Old
(Last edited by snehonja; 26th January 2014 at 05:17 PM.) Reason: typo
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by grigoriisi View Post
Just flash mannually the boot img that came with the rom.
I would if I came out of the bootloop/freeze/whatever it is I'm in right now But thanks for the hint, I'll make sure I flash the rom first before installing the zip via CWM when I'm trying again.

grigoriisi
Old
Thanks Meter 20
If u keep power plus volume down pressed with the capacitive buttons flashing it will reboot to bootloader . Sometimes u have to keep it pressed for a pretty long time and it will eventually restart . Happened to me not only once

TheJokah
Old
Thanks Meter 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by grigoriisi View Post
If u keep power plus volume down pressed with the capacitive buttons flashing it will reboot to bootloader . Sometimes u have to keep it pressed for a pretty long time and it will eventually restart . Happened to me not only once

just hold down the power button until the buttons light flash and go off, then let go of power(the phone will reboot). Then quickly press vol down and power and hold until Bootloader shows up. Flash boot.img (fastboot flash boot <name of bootimg>.img
Current:
HTC One X+(AT&T)
Rooted
Stock 4.2.2

Retired but available for testing:
HTC Inspire 4G Rooted
w/ JellyTime OR CodefireX
w/ Inspire Mod/GPS Fix

phone 4
(I found it in the snow while snowboarding....)
It works... but only to remind me why I love Android!!

snehonja
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well, I tried pressing for over two minutes, phone didn'T restart. It's solved after all, the phone ran out of battery and I charged fine afterwards, that way I was able to get into recovery again. Flashed boot.img (thanks for the advice!) manually before installing the zip - everything fine now. Consider this solved.