Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,124 Members 39,607 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to charge two Note 3s in a car, at the same speed OEM charger does

Tip us?

darkleafar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by smacsteve View Post
I've been through many a car charger and the absolute best I've come across is the Anker 4.9 amp dual charger ! Do not let its low price fool you! It's the best quality and best performing charger I've yet to find! Trust me, you can't go wrong with this one!
http://www.amazon.com/Anker%C2%AE-US...keywords=Anker

Sent from my SM-P600 using xda app-developers app
I've got two votes for Anker now, you and DECIM8. I'm really leaning towards that one.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

lovekeiiy
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkleafar View Post
Well you are correct in that I am looking for suggestions, but since the charger you posted about is identical to what I bought, I'm wondering why the one I bought isn't working as intended. Hopefully somebody can chime in. Could it be that the Kensington isn't actually 5 volts ?

I have no idea why mine works well and the Kennington is not. Although, it's possible it not outputting the 5v, which would mean you got a bad charger, it may be about the pin triggers. I forget about the Apple and Android charger differences. I just know I have both the dual port car and wall chargers from the same company and work well. They outpout 5v 2.1A on each port. They work on the GN2, Kyocera 810G (cellphone's at work). They work, as a trickle charger for my ASUS Infinity Pad tablet, which needs 2.1A at 15v. They charge as well as the OEM wall charger. The OEM cable went to crap, so I repleaced it was a monoprice premium USB cable.

So the Kennington charger work at all? If you connect the phone and leave it (screen off, no touching, or phone off(, say an hour, does the battery amount increase? If no charge, or a small amount, say 1 to 5%, then the pins are matching (no charge) or the output on the charger is not matching what the phone needs. It may not be a bad idea to change the charging cable to compare.

darkleafar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovekeiiy View Post
I have no idea why mine works well and the Kennington is not. Although, it's possible it not outputting the 5v, which would mean you got a bad charger, it may be about the pin triggers. I forget about the Apple and Android charger differences. I just know I have both the dual port car and wall chargers from the same company and work well. They outpout 5v 2.1A on each port. They work on the GN2, Kyocera 810G (cellphone's at work). They work, as a trickle charger for my ASUS Infinity Pad tablet, which needs 2.1A at 15v. They charge as well as the OEM wall charger. The OEM cable went to crap, so I repleaced it was a monoprice premium USB cable.

So the Kennington charger work at all? If you connect the phone and leave it (screen off, no touching, or phone off(, say an hour, does the battery amount increase? If no charge, or a small amount, say 1 to 5%, then the pins are matching (no charge) or the output on the charger is not matching what the phone needs. It may not be a bad idea to change the charging cable to compare.
I returned the Kensington one already. I ended up assuming that the Kensington has one apple port and Android port, and it is not labeled as such. Because one port would give me the 1200 with screen on and the other only 450

kadiremrah
Old
(Last edited by kadiremrah; 26th January 2014 at 10:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 300

DONATE TO ME
Default usb port must be coded

If you want full power AC charge you must code the usb output with some resistor.

I have tell how on link.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...=1#post4335451

My nick is eprom on that forum. Find the post #428 with two big photos of electronic boards and look for the usb port coding. If your charger capable of giving 2 amperes it will charge with full power. On my battery pack, it can only deliver max 1.4 ampere so i can get max of 1.4 ampere.