Broken recovery / endless bootloop!

Search This thread

Zkaface

Jan 26, 2014
Hello there,

a few days ago i got a lot of problems with my wifi connections, and in a german forum they told me to check if a custom rom could work for me. So i installed the "Minimal ADB and Fastboot" tools to install the cwm and so on. After i flashed the recovery.img, my tablet restarted and now i am stucked in a boot loop.

The big problem is, I am not able to reach the menu for RCK and so on again with VOL- and Power Button. Just restarting and restarting and restarting... i can not connect via adb or fastboot. The only thing i can do is VOL+ and Power, Windows 8 then gives a signal of a connection, but i don't know what to do with this - cause I only have a black screen!

I hope, somebody is able to help me, to solve this issue.

Thanks and Regards

(sry for my bad english)

AngryDinosaur

Jan 23, 2011
Boston
What version of stock Rom was it on the tablet when you flashed cwm and which version cwm did you flash

We recommended the latest Asus firmware and the latest working recovery is 6.0.4.7

Sent from my Note II using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

I also had a bootloop before, I think I hold both volume and power to power down. Then wait 5 minutes then vol - and power to get into fastboot

Last edited:

Zkaface

Jan 26, 2014
Hey! My version was the official 4.3 Update WW_10_26_1_18.

I wanted to install the Asus Stock Modded Deodexd Rom (10.26.1.18 JB 4.3) for root.

After I used this tutorial droidbasement.com/db-blog/?p=3223 for installing cwm, my device started to begin his loop. I am not able to Use Vol- / power! I also waited for several minutes :(

AngryDinosaur

Jan 23, 2011
Boston
What happens if you just keep holding vol- and power without releasing

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008
All you have to do is power and vol +/- then flash back the stock recovery via fastboot.

Then wipe. Then boot in as normal (you will have to re-set up). If wipe does not restore you, grab 10.26.1.18 for your SKU from asus , rename the .zip inside to T4_SDUPATE, place on an microsd, pop it in, enter boot loader and enter RCK. Then it will flash it.

You should fastboot boot to ensure you are ok before permanent flashing, when putting a new recovery on.

Your bootloader must be on 10.26.1.18 to use anything on DB.

Zkaface

Jan 26, 2014
The Problem is, i have no fastboot connection anymore! The loop is going and going, vol- / pow does not work! It is still looping the asus logo and that's it!:rolleyes:

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
The Problem is, i have no fastboot connection anymore! The loop is going and going, vol- / pow does not work! It is still looping the asus logo and that's it!:rolleyes:

You have to be fast. When.the screen goes black hold vol +/- (hold them both) and it will enter fastboot when it cycles since I doubt u can fully power off in that state. Leave USB plugged in.

Last edited:

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
also, reply back with how exactly you flashed recovery (the command). did you do a fastboot flash recovery recovery.img or a fastboot flash boot recovery.img?

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
Then you should have no issue as long as you are on the appropriate boot loader. Hundreds if not thousands of users are using it at this point.

Power and hitting both vol + and - at same time should get it back in to fastboot. Please make sure you time it right.

Good luck.

stream1313

Feb 19, 2014
Tbilisi

Hey Zkaface,

Did you manage to solve your problem or you still have a bootloop with asus logo? I have the similar problem, no fastboot available yet. Also, no any buttons combination. as -&+ & power. helping..

Pls reply if you have any idea / related news how to fix it.

Dggo

Aug 7, 2013
Тюмень
Hello!
I have the same problem. After installing recovery.
When the screen is off transformer is in APX mode.
But as I understand for Tegra 4 still does not work. (((

berndblb

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Hello!
I have the same problem. After installing recovery.
When the screen is off transformer is in APX mode.
But as I understand for Tegra 4 still does not work. (((

Correct. There is no wheelie/nvflash/bricksafe for this tablet.
You need to provide more information how you got into this situation.
Can you boot into fastboot?

Dggo

Aug 7, 2013
Тюмень

stream1313

Feb 19, 2014
Tbilisi
Asus help is needed

Hello ASUS !!!

You have to HELP us, in order to keep your consumer with you. Other vice people will start to think that your ASUS brand is not a trustful brand anymore. Using such tricks as providing consumer with possibility to open a "Pandora's box" with bootloader unlock, and after you pushing consumer to pay about 300 $ for "motherboard replacing".

Following such kind of policy you will collect some money but definitely you will loose much more.

Sincerely,
Stream1313

PS: I was started to use the "unlock" etc not because I do not have other business t do but because of the serious problem in your DEFAULT STOCK software.

To: Moderator - please do not delete this post, hopefully some ASUS people will read it.

Reactions: YayYouFixedIt

krosettli

Dec 12, 2009
I have the same problem after trying to install OTA from SDcard and then erasing data from power+(vol-)-menu. It's looping all the time and I've tried everything. Only APX works if I use naked drivers (transformer APX-drivers).

berndblb

Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
I have the same problem after trying to install OTA from SDcard and then erasing data from power+(vol-)-menu. It's looping all the time and I've tried everything. Only APX works if I use naked drivers (transformer APX-drivers).

You cannot get into fastboot?
How about ADB while it is looping?
You will have to provide more info: What do you have installed?
Bootloader version
ROM
Recovery
What exactly did you do?
APX is useless at this point as there is no way use nvflash on the Tegra4 yet.

krosettli

Dec 12, 2009
You cannot get into fastboot?
How about ADB while it is looping?
You will have to provide more info: What do you have installed?
Bootloader version
ROM
Recovery
What exactly did you do?
APX is useless at this point as there is no way use nvflash on the Tegra4 yet.

no, no chance to get into fastboot or using adb. the only thing that works is APX after pressing volume+ for about 10sec.

what did I do: I tried to install clockworkmod recovery and flashed recovery.img from fastboot. Then I restarted my device. I was sure I did every OTA-update because I checked almost every day for new updates. BUT starting up the tablet I saw my bootloader wasn't 10.26.1.18 (required for CWM). So I went to ASUS-website and downloaded WW_epaduser_10_26_1_18_UpdateLauncher and tried to update. But this did not work. So I rebooted pressing power and volume- ... then wiped data or whatever the third option was ... after that my looping started.
I've copied T4_SDUPDATE to my microSD and tried almost everything... charging, apx and looping is the only things that work at this moment

berndblb

Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Sorry mate, but you hardbricked your tablet.
You installed a recovery that is incompatible with your bootloader, which is not good but fixable.
Then you used 'Wipe Data' from the bootloader which is pretty much a recipe for disaster with an incompatible recovery installed.
With no fastboot or adb access there is no way to get it back.
[emoji24]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Asus help is needed

Hello ASUS !!!

You have to HELP us, in order to keep your consumer with you. Other vice people will start to think that your ASUS brand is not a trustful brand anymore. Using such tricks as providing consumer with possibility to open a "Pandora's box" with bootloader unlock, and after you pushing consumer to pay about 300 $ for "motherboard replacing".

Following such kind of policy you will collect some money but definitely you will loose much more.

Sincerely,
    Stream1313

PS: I was started to use the "unlock" etc not because I do not have other business t do but because of the serious problem in your DEFAULT STOCK software.

To: Moderator - please do not delete this post, hopefully some ASUS people will read it.
    APX is only useful if you generated your nvflash blobs PRIOR to bricking. There is no way to generate these blobs for the TF701 yet and even if there were - they are device specific, meaning you cannot use someone elses blobs.
    If you do not have adb or fastboot access you have no way of breaking the loop - sorry.

One thing you can try (but I would not put too much hope into it):
    Connect the tablet to a power source and let it loop for 24 hours or so. If you are very, very, very lucky the recovery will finish the attempted data wipe and return to a normal state.
    Using Wipe Data from the bootloader causes the bootloader to write a command to the misc partition to start recovery and wipe data. If you have a working and compatible recovery it would boot, erase the wipe command on the misc partition, wipe data and finish.
    With an incompatible recovery I have no idea where in that process the system gets stuck but probably the "wipe" command never gets erased - hence the loop.
    Good luck.