Captivate struck, not booting, no download mode, no at&t screen,

Tip us?

vikki1991
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Captivate struck, not booting, no download mode, no at&t screen,

Hi
My captivate started behaving abnormally after flashing with odin. I ll explain what happened
I got the phone with froyo , i rooted it and using cwm i flashed cynageon mod and its working like charm. Later i replaced my usb pin and it doesnt boot up ,all it shows is a spinning circle when i charge. So i tried the volume+/- plugging usb cable and flashed kornkernel in pda option , i got the at&t screen , then i flashed in pda boot.img from the cynageon zip, later i kept in download mode and flashed oneclick odin froyo, it booted up showingusb connected even its not. After using the phone for some time i switched it off ,then when i press power key a spinning circle comes and goes , i tried a jig after inserting jig it simply boots the phone to froyo, after booting pc is not showing that the phone is connected and its not charging, when i switch off again i need a jig to start the phone, i cant get it into download mode, but when the phone is off and i connect charger it charges the battery. Please help me

Sent from my ST25i using xda app-developers app

Val D.
Old
Thanks Meter 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikki1991 View Post
Please help me
Sounds like a broken USB port.
- HTC Desire 601 LTE, KK Android 4.4.2 (main phone)
- Acer Iconia Tab A200, ICS Android 4.0.3 (games tablet)
- Samsung i896 Captivate, JB Android 4.2.2 (backup phone)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Val D. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wkenworthy10
Old
(Last edited by wkenworthy10; 10th December 2013 at 07:13 PM.) Reason: Giving link to thread
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikki1991 View Post
Hi
Please help me
I believe there is a guide on here somewhere that talks about taking the battery out. Plugging the USB in and holding vol. up/down and inserting the battery. It worked for me, but you should double check the steps I mentioned because it has been a while. I would then recommend using odin to flash to complete stock to be safe after that. Let me know if anything changes

EDIT: Here is the thread I was talking about

Val D.
Old
Thanks Meter 391
Won't hurt to try:
Putting the Phone into Download Mode
- HTC Desire 601 LTE, KK Android 4.4.2 (main phone)
- Acer Iconia Tab A200, ICS Android 4.0.3 (games tablet)
- Samsung i896 Captivate, JB Android 4.2.2 (backup phone)

vikki1991
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Its micro USB problem.

Sent from my Xperia U using xda app-developers app