[Q] Root de la Vega Vs. Kingo

26th January 2014, 04:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11

46 posts
I have MJE and recently tried to root my phone using root de la Vega and soft bricked my phone. I fixed it but I still want to root my phone. I don't want to waste my time with root de la Vega if it doesn't work. Does it work with MJE? But I don't want to trip KNOX either so I don't want to use kingo. Which do you think I should use?
26th January 2014, 06:23 PM   |  #2  
A little search and some reading will answer those questions in about 5 minutes

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
26th January 2014, 06:24 PM   |  #3  
Flag The Fort
Thanks Meter: 624

1,494 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoachHero

I have MJE and recently tried to root my phone using root de la Vega and soft bricked my phone. I fixed it but I still want to root my phone. I don't want to waste my time with root de la Vega if it doesn't work. Does it work with MJE? But I don't want to trip KNOX either so I don't want to use kingo. Which do you think I should use?

Kingoapp will not trip knox. De la Vega does not work for mje on kingo.
26th January 2014, 11:57 PM   |  #4  
Flag West Fargo
Thanks Meter: 127

597 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoachHero

You have it backwards, Root De La Vega WILL trip knox, where as Kingo WILL NOT trip knox.

On MJE your only option to not trip knox is Kingo. I used it on the version before MJE and it worked fine. Then I updated OTA to MJE and root was preserved but checking the preserve root option in SU pro.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread