Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,915 Members 37,944 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google maps sucks

Tip us?

Cuppa_Kauffy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default GPS works fine, hardware-wise, but not in Google Maps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchjeff View Post
Anyone else having issues with Google maps not working properly. It is always showing me behind my actual location or going down a street or two over from where I actually am. Any fix out there for Google maps cause version 7 and 7.5 are not working at all.

When I revert back to version 6 it won't lock on to gps either. It must be my phone e then. Any fix out there?
I am having this issue specifically with Google maps. I did thorough testing driving around tonight-- it does not happen with Waze. For me, the issue is not getting a lock-- it gets the location correct pretty quickly. The issue is that it stops updating maps (even though the phone is clearly getting current, accurate GPS data).

I was split-screening Google Maps and GPS Status. GPS Status updated location frequently and never showed an error range of above about 10-20m.

In Google Maps, the location sticks very frequently-- it will show me in the right location. Then it will stop updating my location (on the map) and catch up with me half-a-minute later or so. It does this same thing in any app that relies on Google maps, too.

ilogik
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Are you guys talking about driving around with google navigation or google maps? With google navigation it works flawlessly for me, if I drive around with google maps open it does tend to jump around for some reason. I dont understand why Navigation would be spot on but not maps.
iPhone 5s, LG G3, Note 3; Who are the 20%? o_O

PTJunkie1975
Old
Thanks Meter 7
use Waze

BACARDILIMON
Old
Thanks Meter 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJunkie1975 View Post
use Waze
Never ever had luck with that. Took me to a place that was like 10 miles away. I was pissed.

TWEAKED soon 2.0 NOTE 3
LG G3 D851 BAD ASS

PTJunkie1975
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACARDILIMON View Post
Never ever had luck with that. Took me to a place that was like 10 miles away. I was pissed.

TWEAKED soon 2.0 NOTE 3
:-/ then I don't know, I remember having issues on my SGSIII and Waze was the best option...I'm using it now with my Note 3 and so far no complaints...