Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Google maps sucks

OP catchjeff

24th January 2014, 11:07 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
GPS works fine, hardware-wise, but not in Google Maps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by catchjeff

Anyone else having issues with Google maps not working properly. It is always showing me behind my actual location or going down a street or two over from where I actually am. Any fix out there for Google maps cause version 7 and 7.5 are not working at all.

When I revert back to version 6 it won't lock on to gps either. It must be my phone e then. Any fix out there?

I am having this issue specifically with Google maps. I did thorough testing driving around tonight-- it does not happen with Waze. For me, the issue is not getting a lock-- it gets the location correct pretty quickly. The issue is that it stops updating maps (even though the phone is clearly getting current, accurate GPS data).

I was split-screening Google Maps and GPS Status. GPS Status updated location frequently and never showed an error range of above about 10-20m.

In Google Maps, the location sticks very frequently-- it will show me in the right location. Then it will stop updating my location (on the map) and catch up with me half-a-minute later or so. It does this same thing in any app that relies on Google maps, too.
24th January 2014, 10:44 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 65

720 posts
Are you guys talking about driving around with google navigation or google maps? With google navigation it works flawlessly for me, if I drive around with google maps open it does tend to jump around for some reason. I dont understand why Navigation would be spot on but not maps.
27th January 2014, 01:53 AM   |  #13  
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 31

85 posts
More
use Waze
27th January 2014, 01:58 AM   |  #14  
Flag MASTIC BEACH NY
Thanks Meter: 1,256

3,809 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJunkie1975

use Waze

Never ever had luck with that. Took me to a place that was like 10 miles away. I was pissed.

TWEAKED soon 2.0 NOTE 3
27th January 2014, 02:08 AM   |  #15  
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 31

85 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACARDILIMON

Never ever had luck with that. Took me to a place that was like 10 miles away. I was pissed.

TWEAKED soon 2.0 NOTE 3

:-/ then I don't know, I remember having issues on my SGSIII and Waze was the best option...I'm using it now with my Note 3 and so far no complaints...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread