XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

PS3 Controller via OTG cable

Tip us?

Kreuger
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default PS3 Controller via OTG cable

So a buddy of mine gave me an OTG cable and I wanted to hook my PS3 controller to it, to try out some racing games. I downloaded Need For Speed Most Wanted but the settings don't seem to allow using anything except a "moda" controller or the phone. My buddy said it worked for him to play on his HTC One but I'm not sure what game he used. So my question is, will this work on the G2, and the issue is just game related?
LG G2 D803
-Stock ROM/Kernel
-Root
-TWRP 2.6.3.4
-xdabbeb's camera mod 1.5quiet
-Volume Booster mod

GlitchedSoul
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
So a buddy of mine gave me an OTG cable and I wanted to hook my PS3 controller to it, to try out some racing games. I downloaded Need For Speed Most Wanted but the settings don't seem to allow using anything except a "moda" controller or the phone. My buddy said it worked for him to play on his HTC One but I'm not sure what game he used. So my question is, will this work on the G2, and the issue is just game related?
I don't think you can use a ps3 controller on your phone with a cord. I do know that you can use Bluetooth with another app, it requires a little work and if you resync it with the ps3 again you'll have to do it again. Your buddy may have used an app to make it work. The MOGA controller is Bluetooth only by the way.

In short, it should work with the G2 it just needs an app to be the "middle man" between the controller and the game.

Sent from my magic box.

Vepaot
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Sixaxis Controller is the app you want to use to pair your controller with your phone.

However, I have not been able to get it to work on my VS980. It works just fine on my Nexus 7 2012.

Sent from CAMACHO, my Verizon G2 (VS980) running PAC ROM 4.3.

The Aphotic Chaotic
LG G2 VS980 (Verizon) [JB 4.3] PAC-man ROM
Nexus 7 [JB 4.2.2] XenonHD

Kreuger
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
I wasn't interested in using bluetooth but thanks anyways.
LG G2 D803
-Stock ROM/Kernel
-Root
-TWRP 2.6.3.4
-xdabbeb's camera mod 1.5quiet
-Volume Booster mod