Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Please Check whether my Model is Supported by Region Lock Away App (Image inside)

OP drfaizan

26th January 2014, 07:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

26 posts
Hi

Fellow experienced users, please advise whether my phone is supported by Regional Lock Away App?

My baseband verison is XXUDMJ7..

Here is the image http://i.imgur.com/UyOtZgf.png?1?4361

My phone is regional locked, can I unlock it?

Last edited by drfaizan; 26th January 2014 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Improvement
27th January 2014, 01:23 AM   |  #2  
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,511

3,701 posts
Donate to Me
More
Only way to know for sure is to try it. It doesn't depend on your Baseband etc AFAIK rather the MPN code.
The Following User Says Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2014, 01:27 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

26 posts
Mpn
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto

Only way to know for sure is to try it. It doesn't depend on your Baseband etc AFAIK rather the MPN code.

Hi
Thanks for your response.

CCan you tell me what is Mpn code and where can I find it?
27th January 2014, 01:30 AM   |  #4  
Flag York

3,701 posts
Donate to Me
More
No idea, ascenia posted about it somewhere a few days back, just try region away and see. It won't hurt your phone.
27th January 2014, 01:37 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

26 posts
Wink ok
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto

No idea, ascenia posted about it somewhere a few days back, just try region away and see. It won't hurt your phone.

ok I will follow your advise.

This is the first time I'm using a major android phone so I gotta learn how to root through YouTube and then I'll buy the region unlock app.

I guess I will have to reset my phone to make sure that everything works perfect. I don't have anything saved in my phone so I think it won't matter for me to reset.

If possible if you do not mind and if I'm not asking for too much please let me know any app name of YYouTube video which has got the best and easy explanation on how to root the note 3. I find a lot of videos but not sure which is the most recent and best method.
27th January 2014, 01:46 AM   |  #6  
Flag York

3,701 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfaizan

ok I will follow your advise.

This is the first time I'm using a major android phone so I gotta learn how to root through YouTube and then I'll buy the region unlock app.

I guess I will have to reset my phone to make sure that everything works perfect. I don't have anything saved in my phone so I think it won't matter for me to reset.

If possible if you do not mind and if I'm not asking for too much please let me know any app name of YYouTube video which has got the best and easy explanation on how to root the note 3. I find a lot of videos but not sure which is the most recent and best method.

Before you root, have a read around check out about KNOX etc and how it affects you. - Once you have decided if rooting is OK, head over to CF-Autoroot thread here on XDA by Chainfire, then download Odin 3.07 and follow the guides. Safer following XDA guides.
27th January 2014, 01:52 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 96

460 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfaizan

Hi
Thanks for your response.

CCan you tell me what is Mpn code and where can I find it?

Everywhere else it means manufacturer part number, I would speculate it means same here?
If you're rooted, why not just try it. If you want to see what's locked get es file explorer and go /system/csc
customer.xml has list of network locks, after running region lock away new customer .XML will have no locks, original is backed up in backup file, if you need to restore it.
The Following User Says Thank You to pete4k For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2014, 01:56 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

26 posts
root
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete4k

Everywhere else it means manufacturer part number, I would speculate it means same here?
If you're rooted, why not just try it. If you want to see what's locked get es file explorer and go /system/csc
customer.xml has list of network locks, after running region lock away new customer .XML will have no locks, original is backed up in backup file, if you need to restore it.

Hey pete

I'm not rooted.

I'm trying to learn on how to root.

Once rooted I'm gonna install regional lock app.
27th January 2014, 02:32 AM   |  #9  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 433

1,050 posts
Donate to Me
More
I think ur phone is frm saudi if I m not mistaken, did u try to keep saudi sim for few days in phone & use for some calls?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
27th January 2014, 02:49 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 96

460 posts
yeah, you need to read about Knox flag and how this could affect you in a future, since there is a good chance rooting will trip Knox flag and it's permanent, no way to reset it yet. Beside delavega there is also Kingo rooting method, much easier, but there were some questions about data security etc. and I'm not sure where it all stands now. My only advice would be read as much as you can and don't rush, you could even brick your phone if you mess up.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chainfire, regional lock away
Previous Thread Next Thread