Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,480 Members 53,594 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Tough time going back to stock

Tip us?

ifixgse
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Tough time going back to stock

I've been running CM 11 for a little more than a month and have been really enjoying it. So, I have no idea why I decided to download the MythTools and revert back to stock At&t. Doing so, I messed something up on my phone.

To start, I'm using Windows 7 64bit and when selecting option 1 (install ADB-fastboot-apkTools) I get the new cmd window that states "please select install button after new window is opened press any key to continue...." when I press any key the cmd window would just close. Hoping it would help, I then chose option 6 to update my Motorola drivers. When my browser window opened I got the ADB installer window and clicked install. It seemed to have installed fine. I then updated my moto drivers. Thinking I was all set I went for option 2 to flash the stock firmware which I had put in the firmware folder. With my phone in fastboot I started the process and it failed. Reading through the cmd prompts I had noticed it said something like 'you selected 2- instal cwm.img cannot load cwm.img' . I unplugged my phone and tried to restart it and it was stuck on the bootloader screen. I then restarted into recovery and my PhilZ recovery did start up. However it displays "E: could not mount /data to setup /data/media path!" . I was still able to go through the process of a clean re-install of CM 11 but am stuck on the startup splash screen for CM.

I definitely got myself in way too deep and am clueless on how to fix this. Would someone mind instructing me on what to try next? Many thanks in advance.

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 420
I am not sure if it would make a difference in your situation but I do everything for my phone on an x86 system. I have had issues with LG and Samsung phones in the past when trying things on an x64 computer.

massterlee
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifixgse View Post
I've been running CM 11 for a little more than a month and have been really enjoying it. So, I have no idea why I decided to download the MythTools and revert back to stock At&t. Doing so, I messed something up on my phone.

To start, I'm using Windows 7 64bit and when selecting option 1 (install ADB-fastboot-apkTools) I get the new cmd window that states "please select install button after new window is opened press any key to continue...." when I press any key the cmd window would just close. Hoping it would help, I then chose option 6 to update my Motorola drivers. When my browser window opened I got the ADB installer window and clicked install. It seemed to have installed fine. I then updated my moto drivers. Thinking I was all set I went for option 2 to flash the stock firmware which I had put in the firmware folder. With my phone in fastboot I started the process and it failed. Reading through the cmd prompts I had noticed it said something like 'you selected 2- instal cwm.img cannot load cwm.img' . I unplugged my phone and tried to restart it and it was stuck on the bootloader screen. I then restarted into recovery and my PhilZ recovery did start up. However it displays "E: could not mount /data to setup /data/media path!" . I was still able to go through the process of a clean re-install of CM 11 but am stuck on the startup splash screen for CM.

I definitely got myself in way too deep and am clueless on how to fix this. Would someone mind instructing me on what to try next? Many thanks in advance.
you said you are stuck on startup splash meaning bootloop? if it is you should try again with rsd lite.
else you may lose all your data in the memory but do a format media/data and sdcard, so that it can mount /data, it worked for me. then format system mount everyting and do a fresh install of any rom you can sideload or just have it in the sdcard.

ifixgse
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I'm pretty sure I am doing something wrong with MythTools. When I select option 2 in the tool to install stock firmware the following happens,

- asks for fimware folder example and I select "N"
- asks if firmware files are finished copying.. I press enter and continue
-then it says "the system cannot find the path specified
the system cannot find the path specified
'7z' is not recognized as an internal or external command
operable program or batch file
Are you ready to flash stock fimware...
at this point i stupidly hit enter and that was it with my phone. I'm guessing the tool could not locate the firmware .xml file for extracting and I have no idea why. The compressed folder is IN the firmware folder.

One other question with Mythtools, when installing the tools what path do you want them installed in? I did them in the same file the Myth tools are in.

TheJeremyWhite
Old
(Last edited by TheJeremyWhite; 27th January 2014 at 02:01 AM.) Reason: Forgot to add OS info
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifixgse View Post
I'm pretty sure I am doing something wrong with MythTools. When I select option 2 in the tool to install stock firmware the following happens,

- asks for fimware folder example and I select "N"
- asks if firmware files are finished copying.. I press enter and continue
-then it says "the system cannot find the path specified
'7z' is not recognized as an internal or external command
operable program or batch file
Are you ready to flash stock fimware...
at this point i stupidly hit enter and that was it with my phone. I'm guessing the tool could not locate the firmware .xml file for extracting and I have no idea why. The compressed folder is IN the firmware folder.

One other question with Mythtools, when installing the tools what path do you want them installed in? I did them in the same file the Myth tools are in.
Disclaimer: Even though this worked for me I am not responsible if you brick your phone, I am simply sharing my experience
Okay, this is not for the faint of heart and is going to sound a little backward but it just worked for me 5mins ago. I am running Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit, so there shouldn't be a problem with your setup. I was having the same problem until I just double clicked on flashing.bat or main.bat instead of running as admin. After all I AM the admin of my PC. Then, it worked perfect...until flashing the tz.mbn file and froze up while writing the file. I thought mmm...it shouldn't take that long to write such a small file, and writing happens on the phone side (I believe) so I hit the phone's power button while leaving the Myth Tools window open, which disconnected the phone obviously. I booted back into fastboot and it continued from where it left off. (Note: I did this a few weeks ago when I lost my radios and manually flashed the modem file, which froze, but I followed the same procedure and it successfully flashed it) Then when it got to the last system.img chunk (it writes it in small chunks of 30mb and the last one is smaller, that's how I knew it was the last one) it froze again. I let it sit for about 5mins just to make sure it was written to the phone the repeated the sequence to reboot manually into fastboot and bang, once again it continued right where it left off. one or two more freezes and voila...it rebooted right back to stock. Any questions don't hesitate to ask.

If this helps you hit that thanks button!
One man's Brick is another man's weekend project, I Love This Sh*t!
Phone: Xperia Z1 c6906 (Bell Canada), KitKat 4.4.2 , Locked Bootloader , Rooted, Z1-lockeddualrecovery2.7.95-BETA, PurePerfomanceX, XLoud, Xposed Framework
Tablet: Nook HD+ 32Gb, CWM 6.0.4.5, KitKat 4.4.2 cm-11-20140201-NIGHTLY-ovation, PurePerformanceX
PC: Win 8.1 Pro, ASUS MB, i7-3770k Overclocked to 5Ghz, Corsair H100i Water Cooled, 32Gb RAM, Dual GeForce GTX 295 GPU's