Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,290 Members 46,527 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Flashing recovery and rom on VZW 12b

Tip us?

TheTanker23
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Flashing recovery and rom on VZW 12b

Little bit of info on where I'm at at the moment. I have the VZW G2 and took the update to 12b before I rooted the phone. Rooted about a week ago without any hiccups but now I want to flash a recovery and then a rom--most likely http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2559920 this rom or any other very stable AOSP based roms. I've been researching for a while now and have seen multiple instances of people deleting things and messing up their phone big time. This is a pretty expensive device and I really don't want it to become a paperweight so I want to be as thorough as possible.

For the recovery, I've seen a couple different methods for twrp and cwm. I'd like to use this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2587296 one but I'm stuck with the instructions. This method http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2449670 gives excellent instructions but I am unsure if it is compatible with the 12b version. Can anyone that has successfully flashed TWRP using the second method chime in? Or if you've used the first method on 12b, explain how exactly I would flash twrp with it?

As for the rom, it gives excellent instructions but I want to be 100% positive that I won't brick my phone. What shouldn't I do when flashing this rom? I saw another thread that someone wiped the system before he was going to flash the rom and that wiped his rom too resulting in him bricking his phone. Any help or tips would be excellent. I'm very new to all this and really want to get into flashing and trying out all these great roms. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

scram99
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Use freegee from the play store to flash twrp... all kk roms have bugs to some extent as this point.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to scram99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheTanker23
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by scram99 View Post
Use freegee from the play store to flash twrp... all kk roms have bugs to some extent as this point.

Would you recommend freegee over flashify?

scram99
Old
Thanks Meter 49
I can only speak for freegee. Haven't used any other method yet for flashing recovery... freegee has worked well for me and seems to be the most recommended.

The Following User Says Thank You to scram99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheTanker23
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by scram99 View Post
I can only speak for freegee. Haven't used any other method yet for flashing recovery... freegee has worked well for me and seems to be the most recommended.

Thank you so much. Freegee worked perfectly. Now to install my first rom!

scram99
Old
Thanks Meter 49
MAKE A BACK UP 1ST! Good luck n enjoy. ..