Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

[HELP] Stamina, Low Battery, or any mode don't work...

OP tim81517lh

27th January 2014, 12:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hey guys,
My Z1 was purchased in Taiwan back in October. It has not been rooted, unlocked, or anything along the lines of breaking the warranty. Recently, just these two days, I've discovered that my battery is draining really fast. To prevent this from happening I enabled low battery and stamina. Problem with either is that they both don't really show a true impact. And, i discovered that Low Battery Mode doesn't work because it is supposed ot have disabled VIBRATE but clearly that is not the case because the buttons are still VIBRATING.
Really need help guys, I am traveling and so battery life is crucial.
Thanks!!

EDIT: I also tried resetting the Eco Management thingy (or in my phone it is labeled as Extended StandBy Management or somethign), but to no avail
EDIT2: Phone Info:
- Build Number 14.2.A.0.290
- Android Version 4.3
- Model Number C6902
- Model Purchase Date October 10th, 2013
Last edited by tim81517lh; 27th January 2014 at 12:45 AM. Reason: more info
27th January 2014, 12:36 AM   |  #2  
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 616

2,984 posts
Update to 4.3 FW .290. The battery was well improved.
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2014, 12:40 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos

Update to 4.3 FW .290. The battery was well improved.

Yeah... about that... I am currently on FW .290 [Jellybean 4.3] and have been for quite a while... this issue came up recently. I've switched to the magnetic charger about two weeks ago, could tihs be part of the problem?

I will add more info about my device onto the original post.

Cheers.
27th January 2014, 12:50 AM   |  #4  
Planet Earth

2,984 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim81517lh

Yeah... about that... I am currently on FW .290 [Jellybean 4.3] and have been for quite a while... this issue came up recently. I've switched to the magnetic charger about two weeks ago, could tihs be part of the problem?.

No at all. Magnetic charger have nothing to do with that. Anyway this happen sometime with any Android device. I got this problem once on HTC and to fix it I have just to reboot the phone, maybe this will help Z1 too. If not a factory reset will help, did you do any factory reset after update to .290?
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2014, 12:58 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:

No at all. Magnetic charger have nothing to do with that. Anyway this happen sometime with any Android device. I got this problem once on HTC and to fix it I have just to reboot the phone, maybe this will help Z1 too. If not a factory reset will help, did you do any factory reset after update to .290?

No factory resets have been done. What are the consequences of doing so? I am abroad... I have a few photos...and some apps....that about it.
Also I have tried hard resets + reboots a couple of times. Don't work...
Thanks
27th January 2014, 01:04 AM   |  #6  
Planet Earth

2,984 posts
Quote:

No factory resets have been done. What are the consequences of doing so? I am abroad... I have a few photos...and some apps....that about it.
Also I have tried hard resets + reboots a couple of times. Don't work...
Thanks

Then try Factory Reset but this will wipe all your data so before that you should backup all what you need. A factory reset do a kind of clean up after installation that is why many recommend to do so. If after that you still with the problem you maybe should try different FTF.
27th January 2014, 02:20 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:

Then try Factory Reset but this will wipe all your data so before that you should backup all what you need. A factory reset do a kind of clean up after installation that is why many recommend to do so. If after that you still with the problem you maybe should try different FTF.

What is FTF?
27th January 2014, 02:53 AM   |  #8  
Planet Earth

2,984 posts
Quote:

What is FTF?

The entire OS.

Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2469191

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread