Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,247 Members 46,716 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help me to help others (Qcn backup without imei)

Tip us?

ramirnuel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Help me to help others (Qcn backup without imei)

I have network problems with my phone, I have done a lot of researches and those issues may be a result of corrupt efs, I didn't do a backup so what I wanted to do is that someone share a full efs backup, I know that it contains the imei so it will be illegal but I saw that we can remove that number from a qcn backup (made with qpst) with efs professional.
What Im trying to do may help a lot of users who have the same problem as me that didn't do an efs backup, but the problem is that I don't know if it will work and if the efs backup contain more info that will make it illegal to share.
I have been like 3 months now trying to fix my phone but I can't, it has signal problems, before I flash the qcn from here that enables aws bands I had no signal at all but after I flashed it I have some signal but in some places, i think that may be that only some bands are enabled, the aws bands, I think that I screwed the efs folder because when I bought the phone the signal was incredible where I live, I had the 5 signal bars and know only 3, 2,1 and zero signal, my info of the phone is fine, I have the correct one number just the serial number is 00000000000, I restored the imei with qpst but can't do the same with the s/n.
Well I hope that you or something else can help me with my problem and think about the efs backup that I was looking for I'm not an expert but I think it could work, thanks in advance and sorry about my English since is not my native language.
If I'm asking for something illegal just erase the post.

gregsarg
Old
(Last edited by gregsarg; 26th January 2014 at 09:36 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3,551
If you are asking for an EFS folder copy from another device...then you are asking for someone to help you break the law...

It is "ILLEGAL" for anyone to give you an EFS file from a device....

Send your phone to mobiletechvideos.com

This may get expensive if sending the device from areas outside of the United States...and you would have to contact them to make arrangements...

They will JTAG your phone...
A new EFS folder will be generated....and they will repair it to contain "YOUR" IMEI number by entering it from the information found under the battery....

Please don't ask the community to give you an EFS folder....
You won't get one...
And XDA won't allow it anyway....(big violation)....

I am sorry....but backups of the folder are your responsibility....and you are obligated to understand what you are doing "BEFORE" flashing or changing your device...

Breaking the law is not what XDA is about...

Best of luck....g

Sent from my NOTE 2.750...
Courtesy of our amazing developers...
" There are Givers, and there are Takers. Be a Giver, and these things will come back to you. "......................g

And please, donate to your favorite developer...
Without them, we'd be writing on rocks with a stick...g
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gregsarg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ramirnuel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsarg View Post
If you are asking for an EFS folder copy from another device...then you are asking for someone to help you break the law...

It is "ILLEGAL" for anyone to give you an EFS file from a device....

Send your phone to mobiletechvideos.com

This may get expensive if sending the device from areas outside of the United States...and you would have to contact them to make arrangements...

They will JTAG your phone...
A new EFS folder will be generated....and they will repair it to contain "YOUR" IMEI number by entering it from the information found under the battery....

Please don't ask the community to give you an EFS folder....
You won't get one...
And XDA won't allow it anyway....(big violation)....

I am sorry....but backups of the folder are your responsibility....and you are obligated to understand what you are doing "BEFORE" flashing or changing your device...

Breaking the law is not what XDA is about...

Best of luck....g

Sent from my NOTE 2.750...
Courtesy of our amazing developers...
Thanks for let me know that, I didn't know that thing of mobiletechvideos.com, and I apologyze for what I asked.
The Following User Says Thank You to ramirnuel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]