5,595,815 Members 36,668 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG G Pro 2 announcement and name get confirmed

Tip us?

NaveenKumarXDA
Old
(Last edited by NaveenKumarXDA; 29th January 2014 at 01:31 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 179
Angry LG G Pro 2 announcement and name get confirmed

Hey members,

Good News for those waiting to get Update. G Pro just got first Update with KitKat as GPro2. Problem is We have to buy this update for around 600$ again.
for one who will buy this update from LG.

Anyway News here:
LG spilled the beans on the announcement and the name of the successor of the LG Optimus G Pro. The upcoming phablet will go official in February (MWC in Barcelona is likely) as the LG G Pro 2.
Unsurprisingly, LG removed the ĎOptimusí moniker from the name of the yet to be seen handset. Like the latest batch of high-end smartphones from the Korean manufacturer, the device will launch as simply a member of the 'G' lineup.

In case revealing only the name of an upcoming device appears to be an odd move by LG, we must point that this isnít the first time the company pulls such a trick. Last year, the manufactuer revealed the name of its current flagship, the LG G2 in a similar fashion.

Source: http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_g_pro_2_a...-news-7666.php

New Images of leaked pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LG-G-Pro-2-leak.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	2546606   Click image for larger version

Name:	LG-G-Pro-2-leak1.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	2546607  

drumm3rb0y
Old
Thanks Meter 14
We have great devs! someone will figure out how to port this over to our phone after they look over all the specs and such
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drumm3rb0y For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

likemiketoo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Great news, however LG has a history of not supporting their phones for very long, however if it has Dev support and is what the G2 was to the S4 then I might have to get it regardless

bor3d2damax
Old
Thanks Meter 141
Damn you beat me to it @NaveenKumarXDA I just read about this over at Engadget. Seems like they "promise" to release it next month but what I want to know is how the future of that phone will look on Us carriers hopefully it isn't single carrier variant.

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Mervingio
Old
Thanks Meter 338
Damn LG same as Samsung.....

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

NaveenKumarXDA
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 179
New Leaked images added.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

jrtancinco
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I saw from a news feed somewhere that this is a 5.9" screened device. Too big for my taste. 5.5" is my limit, and our LG OGP fits the bill.

appleknight
Old
Thanks Meter 28
I'm leaving my beloved ogp as my daily driver and picking up an xperia z ultra

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

rjmxtech
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtancinco View Post
I saw from a news feed somewhere that this is a 5.9" screened device. Too big for my taste. 5.5" is my limit, and our LG OGP fits the bill.
Yep good choice......I picked it up for $50 with a new contract on amazon in like november and sadly its just $0.01 now....agh my 50 dollars

strommy1966
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default any news about UK release ?

been trawling the net, but cant seem to find out any information when the LG G2 PRO will be released in the UK .. i know i can buy the Korean version of the phone on e bay .. but not sure if that will work in UK . just cant wait to get my hands on this beast