Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,021 Members 46,517 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't launch camera. "try again after scanning media files" error. Complete Stock.

Tip us?
 
eggman89
Old
#1  
eggman89's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 152
Posts: 760
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bangalore
Default Can't launch camera. "try again after scanning media files" error. Complete Stock.

I can't save a screenshot because of the same issue.
Any idea.

Sent using a mobile device. Forgive my typo.
 
PAGOT
Old
#2  
PAGOT's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 340
Posts: 1,523
Join Date: Dec 2007

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggman89 View Post
I can't save a screenshot because of the same issue.
Any idea.

Sent using a mobile device. Forgive my typo.
did you try after the scanning of media files?

I did after and my screenshot and camera works...
Got it after I flashed a custom camera, android upgrading files, then this, waited a bit and I can now run the camera. Tried reboot etc?
Give us some more info, rom, kernel, camera app, phone etc?

^ don't have that phone anymore, too lazy to change the picture...

LG G2
Stock 4.4.2 with G2 TweaksBox variant 0
echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/brightness
chmod 444 /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/brightness
echo "who cares, always changes with the kernel..." > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/UV_mV_table


Quadrant score never matters!
 
eggman89
Old
#3  
eggman89's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 152
Posts: 760
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bangalore
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAGOT View Post
did you try after the scanning of media files?

I did after and my screenshot and camera works...
Got it after I flashed a custom camera, android upgrading files, then this, waited a bit and I can now run the camera. Tried reboot etc?
Give us some more info, rom, kernel, camera app, phone etc?
How do I finish scanning the media files?
After a reboot it works, but I never know when will it go weird again.

I'm on complete stock , non rooted.
 
PAGOT
Old
#4  
PAGOT's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 340
Posts: 1,523
Join Date: Dec 2007

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggman89 View Post
How do I finish scanning the media files?
After a reboot it works, but I never know when will it go weird again.

I'm on complete stock , non rooted.
In my case it took only few seconds and it was only after a app upgrade/update didn't you do before it an ota fir example?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

^ don't have that phone anymore, too lazy to change the picture...

LG G2
Stock 4.4.2 with G2 TweaksBox variant 0
echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/brightness
chmod 444 /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/brightness
echo "who cares, always changes with the kernel..." > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/UV_mV_table


Quadrant score never matters!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes