FORUMS

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

Making Your Own Xposed Modules Is Easier Than You Think

Close to the heart of XDA is the Xposed Framework by Rovo89. Most of … more

[Q] help want games

17 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By rockparassingh, Junior Member on 26th January 2014, 07:16 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
26th January 2014, 11:48 AM |#11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Oh maan this is so so so and so bad any way thanx
 
 
26th January 2014, 12:41 PM |#12  
Senior Member
Flag It's up to you :D
Thanks Meter: 111
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by naufalhadyan

AFAIK, legitimately, only Play Store.

One question too, is Asphalt 8 apk is legal. Its free on play store but isnt compatible. Im just asking :P for sure

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
26th January 2014, 02:12 PM |#13  
naufalhadyan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bandung, Indonesia
Thanks Meter: 238
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by black87

One question too, is Asphalt 8 apk is legal. Its free on play store but isnt compatible. Im just asking :P for sure

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

That is a bit of a grey area...
It is actually against the law to distribute copyrighted materials other than official means, free or not. This is the basis why Google sent cease and desist letter to Cyanogenmod Team a few years ago, because back then CM team distributed Google apps preincluded in the ROM zip. This is against the law according to Google, who sees the legit distribution of Google apps only via Play Store/Android Market. But then they allowed the devs to distribute Gapps as seperate zip.

I think the rules here in XDA only covers pirating in the means of avoiding payment (because it hurts the developers to do so) but it is allowed to bypass region and device restrictions, if there is no payment obligation.

This is why, here in XDA we see Google Keyboard apks and GEL apks, because they are region and device restricted, but there is no payment obligation to use said apps.

Now back to Asphalt 8... yes it is free to download and free to play, but it still has in-app purchases... so I think it is still not allowed to share it here because it will remove the potential income source for Gameloft. In app purchases will not work on pirated apps, I presume?
The Following User Says Thank You to naufalhadyan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th January 2014, 03:40 PM |#14  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by naufalhadyan

That is a bit of a grey area...
It is actually against the law to distribute copyrighted materials other than official means, free or not. This is the basis why Google sent cease and desist letter to Cyanogenmod Team a few years ago, because back then CM team distributed Google apps preincluded in the ROM zip. This is against the law according to Google, who sees the legit distribution of Google apps only via Play Store/Android Market. But then they allowed the devs to distribute Gapps as seperate zip.

I think the rules here in XDA only covers pirating in the means of avoiding payment (because it hurts the developers to do so) but it is allowed to bypass region and device restrictions, if there is no payment obligation.

This is why, here in XDA we see Google Keyboard apks and GEL apks, because they are region and device restricted, but there is no payment obligation to use said apps.

Now back to Asphalt 8... yes it is free to download and free to play, but it still has in-app purchases... so I think it is still not allowed to share it here because it will remove the potential income source for Gameloft. In app purchases will not work on pirated apps, I presume?

By the way will u tell me which custom rom is best for play games on my samsung galaxy grand 4.2.2
27th January 2014, 02:14 AM |#15  
naufalhadyan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bandung, Indonesia
Thanks Meter: 238
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockparassingh

By the way will u tell me which custom rom is best for play games on my samsung galaxy grand 4.2.2

Any Kitkat ROM will do, but Kitkat X/Turbokat already have performance tweaks builtin, you might want to check them out
27th January 2014, 07:15 AM |#16  
shanbhagatul's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Margao
Thanks Meter: 139
 
More
for best gaming performance...gennxt , pyramid, turbokat and kitkatx are excellent! smooth and also very good battery life!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes