Thanks Meter 0
Oh maan this is so so so and so bad any way thanx

black87
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by naufalhadyan View Post
AFAIK, legitimately, only Play Store.
One question too, is Asphalt 8 apk is legal. Its free on play store but isnt compatible. Im just asking :P for sure

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

Thanks me if my post USEFUL

naufalhadyan
Old
Thanks Meter 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by black87 View Post
One question too, is Asphalt 8 apk is legal. Its free on play store but isnt compatible. Im just asking :P for sure

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
That is a bit of a grey area...
It is actually against the law to distribute copyrighted materials other than official means, free or not. This is the basis why Google sent cease and desist letter to Cyanogenmod Team a few years ago, because back then CM team distributed Google apps preincluded in the ROM zip. This is against the law according to Google, who sees the legit distribution of Google apps only via Play Store/Android Market. But then they allowed the devs to distribute Gapps as seperate zip.

I think the rules here in XDA only covers pirating in the means of avoiding payment (because it hurts the developers to do so) but it is allowed to bypass region and device restrictions, if there is no payment obligation.

This is why, here in XDA we see Google Keyboard apks and GEL apks, because they are region and device restricted, but there is no payment obligation to use said apps.

Now back to Asphalt 8... yes it is free to download and free to play, but it still has in-app purchases... so I think it is still not allowed to share it here because it will remove the potential income source for Gameloft. In app purchases will not work on pirated apps, I presume?
An architecture student and likes anything tech.

Nokia N-Gage QD (2006) --> Nokia 2730 Classic (2010) --> Ivio DE88 (2011) --> Sony Xperia Go ST27i (2012) --> Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos i9082 (2013) --> (used) Sony Xperia V LT25i

Rocking Sony Xperia V with latest CM11 nightly.
Secondary device: white iPad 2 64GB, with jailbroken iOS7
The Following User Says Thank You to naufalhadyan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rockparassingh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by naufalhadyan View Post
That is a bit of a grey area...
It is actually against the law to distribute copyrighted materials other than official means, free or not. This is the basis why Google sent cease and desist letter to Cyanogenmod Team a few years ago, because back then CM team distributed Google apps preincluded in the ROM zip. This is against the law according to Google, who sees the legit distribution of Google apps only via Play Store/Android Market. But then they allowed the devs to distribute Gapps as seperate zip.

I think the rules here in XDA only covers pirating in the means of avoiding payment (because it hurts the developers to do so) but it is allowed to bypass region and device restrictions, if there is no payment obligation.

This is why, here in XDA we see Google Keyboard apks and GEL apks, because they are region and device restricted, but there is no payment obligation to use said apps.

Now back to Asphalt 8... yes it is free to download and free to play, but it still has in-app purchases... so I think it is still not allowed to share it here because it will remove the potential income source for Gameloft. In app purchases will not work on pirated apps, I presume?
By the way will u tell me which custom rom is best for play games on my samsung galaxy grand 4.2.2

naufalhadyan
Old
Thanks Meter 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockparassingh View Post
By the way will u tell me which custom rom is best for play games on my samsung galaxy grand 4.2.2
Any Kitkat ROM will do, but Kitkat X/Turbokat already have performance tweaks builtin, you might want to check them out
An architecture student and likes anything tech.

Nokia N-Gage QD (2006) --> Nokia 2730 Classic (2010) --> Ivio DE88 (2011) --> Sony Xperia Go ST27i (2012) --> Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos i9082 (2013) --> (used) Sony Xperia V LT25i

Rocking Sony Xperia V with latest CM11 nightly.
Secondary device: white iPad 2 64GB, with jailbroken iOS7

shanbhagatul
Old
Thanks Meter 88
for best gaming performance...gennxt , pyramid, turbokat and kitkatx are excellent! smooth and also very good battery life!