Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,303 Members 42,689 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Why we should use custom ROM for Moto G ?

Tip us?

pisherthefisher
Old
Thanks Meter 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajaasim1980 View Post
interesting..no i was curious i dont think i will use multi wndow on such small screen of moto g as i already own note 2 but never used multiwindow or spen

but i see that these ROMS have plenty of other bugs so you get one thing at the cost of others. I have noticed a strange trend on xda. Those devices who dont need development for example nexus and those who are close to AOSP get more support of developers while those device who need development like lg g2 get hardly any attention
That's because the nexus devices are really open and easy to develop with, this attracts developers. The LG G2 is more locked down and it discourages developers from even trying.

I wouldn't worry though, the moto g is just as open as nexus devices and I predict it will get a lot of development in the near future, as well as official cyanogenmod support.

Durteedee
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by pisherthefisher View Post
That's because the nexus devices are really open and easy to develop with, this attracts developers. The LG G2 is more locked down and it discourages developers from even trying.

I wouldn't worry though, the moto g is just as open as nexus devices and I predict it will get a lot of development in the near future, as well as official cyanogenmod support.
I was going to say the same thing, I think for cm 11 we need a retainer and such

sent from the kitty kat Atrix HD Maxx
Using Tapatalk

wolfen69
Old
Thanks Meter 161
I have no desire to modify my G at this time, or in the near future. It runs perfectly and does everything I want. If down the road it becomes "stale" from lack of update support, then I'll consider it.

My Devices:

HTC G1
Nexus One
Nexus 4

The Following User Says Thank You to wolfen69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kodaro
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Only xposed for me. I had always the feeling that odexed is faster than deodexed anyway.
The guys from ex-themer said this device will be supported with the next major release so then you will have your themes

Gesendet von meinem XT1032 mit Tapatalk