XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is this a good phone?

Tip us?

Daks32
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thumbs up [Q] Is this a good phone?

Hey, in some few days i will recieve this phone, i was asking if is better to sell it or take it, i was planning to sell it ans buy a moto g, but in my country they are all sold out, i think they will come in 2 weeks.

Bye

doshwan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Recommend that you do not stay there with very few mini s3 rom and all have many bug ...

james.faction
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daks32 View Post
Hey, in some few days i will recieve this phone, i was asking if is better to sell it or take it, i was planning to sell it ans buy a moto g, but in my country they are all sold out, i think they will come in 2 weeks.

Bye
The phone is rubbish with stock Samsung OS and software! Slow often glitchy, long waits for simple stuff like switching between apps or even going back to the home screen.

BUT - with a custom ROM this phone is potentially AWESOME. Lag is gone, battery life much better. I make my girlfriend jealous and she has an iPhone 5S, lol.

Slightly bigger screen than iPhone, much lighter, more sturdy, expandable memory, FM tuner, and with a custom ROM loads more features and better interface.

Some ROMs are not available for this phone but a lot are: Many available from maclaw.pl, I've tried CM11 but found Carbon (latest unofficial KitKat) has a few more options and some nice optimisations to maximise battery life without sacrificing performance at all.

Daks32
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thumbs up Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by james.faction View Post
The phone is rubbish with stock Samsung OS and software! Slow often glitchy, long waits for simple stuff like switching between apps or even going back to the home screen.

BUT - with a custom ROM this phone is potentially AWESOME. Lag is gone, battery life much better. I make my girlfriend jealous and she has an iPhone 5S, lol.

Slightly bigger screen than iPhone, much lighter, more sturdy, expandable memory, FM tuner, and with a custom ROM loads more features and better interface.

Some ROMs are not available for this phone but a lot are: Many available from maclaw.pl, I've tried CM11 but found Carbon (latest unofficial KitKat) has a few more options and some nice optimisations to maximise battery life without sacrificing performance at all.
Hey, thank you, i think i will stay with it, and what can you tell me about games?, is good enough?, thanks bye

james.faction
Old
Thanks Meter 4
With stock, framerates go slow sometimes - since going custom no probs at all. Play a lot of Real Steel World Robot Boxing, a 3D effects-heavy game, runs without a hitch. Screen quality good, graphics good.

Russ77
Old
Thanks Meter 57
I just got one yesterday as a replacement for my work phone. I was using an iPhone 4 on iOS 7. thdevicee mini is a about the same size, but I have the benefits of android, root, larger screen, and the Google kit Kat keyboard. compared to the outdated iPhone 4 it's a decent upgrade.

my personal line is a galaxy s4. the s3 mini doesn't compare, but given that the s4 is my primary device and the s3 mini is for work calls and email only it's pretty dang good.

DarkBloodPro
Old
Thanks Meter 64
its a good phone but we have only a few developers for custom roms

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

also we still dont have miui rom for example, wich almost every other phone already have one stable :/

Russ77
Old
Thanks Meter 57
custom ROM support, or lack thereof, doesn't make a phone good or bad...

if flashing ROMs is a priority, get a nexus as AOSP based ROMs on pretty much anything else sucks. any device with a Google Play Edition version and an unlocked boot loader will be a very close second.

Bangbilla
Old
Thanks Meter 23
I think the S3 Mini is a very nice phone but there are many other phones which has better performance and battery but they are not so cheap like the S3 Mini The Moto G is okay but the Gaming Performance is bad.. sry for my bad english

Fat Cookies
Old
Thanks Meter 3
It's typical mid-range, with a decent custom ROM every day tasks are quick and the phone is very responsive. It'll gobble up casual games easily and some old intensive games but unsurprisingly you're not going to playing brand new high end games!