[Q] Questions regarding root/custom ROM on encrypted N7000
I had an N7000 device which is encrypted (phone and SD) in order to fulfil company mail syncing policy (Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, with Goods for Enterprise and MobileIron installed). I had been on stock ROM all the while (4.1.2), until last weekend I decided to root it and remove all the bloatwares. Being unaware of the complication of flashing an encrypted device, I did the following while my phone remain encrypted:
1) flash the Philz recovery (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1191&nocache=1
), latest TW version. I copied the flashable zip to SD card and flashed via stock recovery. It failed. I can locate the zip file in SD card but it just failed to flash (can't recalled the error message. some sort of verification failed or (bad))
2) I proceed to flash using ODIN. It was successful and I got the Philz recovery with yellow triangle on the startup.
3) I installed the TriangleAway apps and it prompt me that SuperSU is not available on my phone which could bricked my phone if I proceed.
4) I installed SuperSU, and when applying the root, I select custom recovery. It turned out my phone become soft brick (phone stuck at startup N7000 screen with yellow triangle). However I still able to get into Philz recovery mode and download mode.
5) Tried to reflash the same Philz recovery latest TW version using recovery mode but failed . I tried to mount the /data and /emmc but never success. I reflash the same version of Philz recovery with Odin successfully but phone still soft bricked. I end up flashing older version of Philz recovery (TW version as well) and the phone able to boot as normal finally.
6) I run the SuperSU again and this time choose root Normal mode. Then I applied the Triangle away successfully and removed the bloatwares with clean master.
7) Afterwards, I noticed my company mail syncing is gone and decided to unroot (remove SuperSU). Finally syncing is back as normal again.
8) I tried to create nandroid backup through Philz recovery but failed when it trying to backup some partition (can't remember exactly which one)
a) Is it normal I not able to mount /data and /emmc partition in recovery if my device is encrypted?
b) Is encrypted phone not able to do nandroid backup?
c) If I want to flash custom ROM on encrypted device, what are the correct steps?
d) Can I flash a custom ROM then unroot the phone so that the Microsoft exchange Sync, MobileIron, Goods for enterprise would work normally? As I understand, these apps not working if root is detected.
Thanks in advance for help!