No registration required

[Q] My Tracks going crazy last 2 weeks?

OP hurdlejade

24th January 2014, 10:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 71

488 posts
Hi,
I noticed that for about last 2 weeks Google app called My Tracks is acting rather crazy. I'm using mobile data and have GPS on, and I want to record my driving or running tracks - but it seems that I loose signal every few hundred meters because there is nothing on the map marked. Then it starts tracking again and stops... No idea what's causing it. Is anyone esle having same issue?

After 15 minutes running it showed my average moving speed as 26km/h which would be great if it was real, but it's not.. 15 minutes running and only 3 minutes moving time according to My Tracks.

Help please!
24th January 2014, 02:33 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 104

430 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurdlejade

Hi,
I noticed that for about last 2 weeks Google app called My Tracks is acting rather crazy. I'm using mobile data and have GPS on, and I want to record my driving or running tracks - but it seems that I loose signal every few hundred meters because there is nothing on the map marked. Then it starts tracking again and stops... No idea what's causing it. Is anyone esle having same issue?

After 15 minutes running it showed my average moving speed as 26km/h which would be great if it was real, but it's not.. 15 minutes running and only 3 minutes moving time according to My Tracks.

Help please!

For me, it's not just My Tracks. It's my Maps and Navigation as well. For some reason, no matter if I'm running X-Note, KnoxRaid, or the Verizon port rom, I cannot get a gps lock. It's kind of working, it will update my location with horrible accuracy but the GPS icon continues to blink and it never seems to get a true gps lock.

I don't know how to resolve this, but I'm not a noob to flashing or odin. If any devs out there would help us out, it would be greatly appreciated. FYI I'm on 4.3 and MI9.

Please help...I will definitely donate if a solution is posted here!! (Just quote me so I'm alerted!)
24th January 2014, 04:45 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

488 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ideas4ya

For me, it's not just My Tracks. It's my Maps and Navigation as well. For some reason, no matter if I'm running X-Note, KnoxRaid, or the Verizon port rom, I cannot get a gps lock. It's kind of working, it will update my location with horrible accuracy but the GPS icon continues to blink and it never seems to get a true gps lock.

I don't know how to resolve this, but I'm not a noob to flashing or odin. If any devs out there would help us out, it would be greatly appreciated. FYI I'm on 4.3 and MI9.

Please help...I will definitely donate if a solution is posted here!! (Just quote me so I'm alerted!)

i'm on stock touchwiz rom, just rooted. it used to work okay for a while, but now it doesn't record whole tracks.
i don't use maps or navi so often, but i remember that i put both maps and my tracks at the same time, and i don't remember maps showing wrong position.. if no solution will be posted here, i'll go to samsung service.
27th January 2014, 01:50 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

488 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ideas4ya

i had a long trip yesterday, i can confirm that sygic navigation is working fine (maybe it got stuck for few seconds 2-3 times during my ride).
but my tracks is still recording like 10% of what i drived... and i have second note 3 that i took with me today, did a ride around my town and the result was that my primary note 3 is loosing signal (but only in my tracks) and the frest stock note 3 does not.. hmmm..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread