5,605,250 Members 39,010 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Galaxy Core Plus root?

Tip us?

lillbrorsan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Samsung Galaxy Core Plus root?

Hello!
I got this phone for christmas, slight upgrade from my ZTE Blade...
Been looking around all day and tried 4 different methods and still can't root the phone.
Anyone know a method which works?

Name: Samsung Galaxy Core Plus
Model: SM-G350
Android: 4.2.2

Thanks!

GalaxyCoreMinus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillbrorsan View Post
Hello!
I got this phone for christmas, slight upgrade from my ZTE Blade...
Been looking around all day and tried 4 different methods and still can't root the phone.
Anyone know a method which works?

Name: Samsung Galaxy Core Plus
Model: SM-G350
Android: 4.2.2

Thanks!
Hello and welcome to the XDA Forums,
I have the same problem and I used the method's mentioned here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2516311
I suggest you keep your eyes open for a update on the Samsung Galaxy Core sub-forum since there is no Samsung Galaxy Core Plus sub-forum

xTheer
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default root sm-g350

only working method for getting root was the tool Kingo Android Root (http://www.kingoapp.com/). SuperSU installed from market
SuperSu installed from market and working, but now I have the problem that there is no cwm or twrp recovery to flash a customrom.
making a cwm by my own failed -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2132672

thedualcoreguy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyCoreMinus View Post
Hello and welcome to the XDA Forums,
I have the same problem and I used the method's mentioned here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2516311
I suggest you keep your eyes open for a update on the Samsung Galaxy Core sub-forum since there is no Samsung Galaxy Core Plus sub-forum
Hi, I have the same problem and I want to ask if you could choose the Gandalf exploit option because I downloaded framaroot 1.8.1 and under install SuperSU I can only choose Aragorn so I am a little confused.

It would be really helpful if you can tell me briefly what you did to root your Core plus, thanks in advance.

xTheer
Old
Thanks Meter 1
as I already have written in the post above -> I tried all known methods for samsung galaxy core plus (oneclickroot, framaroot 1.8.1 ....) but the only working solution in my case (SM-G350, Android 4.2.2, Baseband G350XXUAMKB) was the android root tool from kingoapp - now my device is rooted but there is no working CWM or TWRP for this model. I am working on an CWM for it but I stuck at compiling

diotoboss
Old
(Last edited by diotoboss; 12th January 2014 at 03:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default samsung galaxy core plus

Greetings.

I downloaded the framaroot app and when I select the option to install SuperSU it only appears the aragorn exploit... And that one doesn't work... do you have any idea of how can I root my phone?

Crash1k
Old
Thanks Meter 1
It would be great to know if there is a method to root the Samsung Galaxy Core Plus SM-G350 and SIM-Unlock it (for example with a tool like GalaxSim, which does not work without root access)

Thanks a lot in advance. =)

lillbrorsan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Any updates to this issue?

haxeri
Old
(Last edited by haxeri; 16th March 2014 at 03:08 PM.) Reason: important info for stupid ppl
Thanks Meter 0
Default cwm

Porting CWM to this device shouldn'd be that hard... I'd guess that the Galaxy Trend Plus comes with pretty much exactly same hardware and we could modify the CWM port for it or even flash it directly to our device. I'd try modifying the Trend's CWM but I'm afraid I'd just brick the phone...
From there on we could just flash SuperSU and our device would have root access.
EDIT: PS. PLEASE DON'T USE KINGO APP
It'll send your IMEI to chinese servers (apparently it's a bad thing, dunno why) plus install MALWARE on your phone and maybe on your computer too.