23rd January 2014, 03:06 PM   |  #41  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 2,969

5,986 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimzoaar

I have installed the one you recommended and am getting the same page.

It shows a generic looking HTC One with two green arrows in a circular formation around a Green block in the middle. It then changes that icon to a red triangle with an exclamation mark inside. Once I press Vol+ + Power (or VOL- + Power, I must admit it seems a different combo each time) I get the options up but it does say that my SD card could not be mounted? It attempts to for around 7 tries and then advises it could not be mounted?

"generic looking HTC One with two green arrows..." -> that's stock recovery.

so boot up your rom, setup only WiFi, check for System Updates (somewhere in settings) then download and install the OTA.
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd January 2014, 03:23 PM   |  #42  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

90 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

"generic looking HTC One with two green arrows..." -> that's stock recovery.

so boot up your rom, setup only WiFi, check for System Updates (somewhere in settings) then download and install the OTA.

Escellent, thank you!!!

I am now on Software Numb: 2.24.771.3 Android Ver: 4.2.2

Can I now do a factory reset, and run the command for SOn?
23rd January 2014, 03:32 PM   |  #43  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut

5,986 posts
More
Quote:

Escellent, thank you!!!

I am now on Software Numb: 2.24.771.3 Android Ver: 4.2.2

Can I now do a factory reset, and run the command for SOn?

yep

go for it

dont forget to wipe all data (at the bottom of the erase)
23rd January 2014, 04:30 PM   |  #44  
OP Member

90 posts
Quote:

yep

go for it

dont forget to wipe all data (at the bottom of the erase)

Excellent................much to your relief I am sure, it is all done! I am now on 4.3 stock, S-On, untampered, locked.]

Thank you very much again for your help, you really have given me a fantastic opinion of XDA.

Many thanks again, have a good weekend.
23rd January 2014, 04:49 PM   |  #45  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut

5,986 posts
More
Quote:

Excellent................much to your relief I am sure, it is all done! I am now on 4.3 stock, S-On, untampered, locked.]

Thank you very much again for your help, you really have given me a fantastic opinion of XDA.

Many thanks again, have a good weekend.

sure no problem, here's what you can do in return if you like (for me & the community):

1- edit the main thread title to include [SOLVED]

2- hit the thanks button on a few of my posts (I do believe I was helpful ) including the first post of my guide

3- post a quick reply in my guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2541082 that gives a short summary (including your MID & CID) of how you got everything back to stock; anything you may find relevant for other users in your situation would find helpful

have a good weekend too
26th January 2014, 11:38 PM   |  #46  
OP Member

90 posts
Quote:

sure no problem, here's what you can do in return if you like (for me & the community):

2- hit the thanks button on a few of my posts (I do believe I was helpful ) including the first post of my guide

3- post a quick reply in my guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2541082 that gives a short summary (including your MID & CID) of how you got everything back to stock; anything you may find relevant for other users in your situation would find helpful

have a good weekend too

So as you can tell I have been unable to access the internet for a while.

I did one final check to see before the courier arrived to pick up the phone for repair and when I enter the bootloader it still says tampered? if im honest im not sure i've seen it say tampered before anyway?

Any idea buddy?

Also, I cannot find that bloody thanks button! Where is it located on a comment?
27th January 2014, 02:30 PM   |  #47  
OP Member

90 posts
Quote:

have a good weekend too

I have exactly 2 hours till this is to be picked up, is changing this possible in that time?
27th January 2014, 02:36 PM   |  #48  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut

5,986 posts
More
Quote:

I have exactly 2 hours till this is to be picked up, is changing this possible in that time?

did you go s-off to s-on on Android 4.3? you need to do that before 4.3 (ie you need to be on hboot 1.44 or 1.54)

2 hours is going to be a bit close, cause you need to S-Off again, and start the procedure from the beginning.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread