Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Restore sms on CM from Sense backup

OP Jakob1379

23rd January 2014, 07:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

30 posts
More
As the title suggests, I want to restore my sms backup on CM11, since I'm not able to run ViperX due to some S-on issues. That doesn't matter now, what matter is that I've tried to restore the text messages through Titanium backup (no luck) and through different restore/backups from the Play store and so far I haven't had any luck. Any good suggestions to restore them?

PS. Yes I've been searching for this issue and followed a lot of them, no luck either
23rd January 2014, 07:33 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 7,580

15,570 posts
Donate to Me
More
Firstly, which device do you have? Is it the HTC One X (Endeavoru) or the HTC One XL / at&t One X (Evita)? I ask because you're posting in the Evita forum but you've mentioned an Endeavoru ROM (ViperX).

Sent from my Evita
26th January 2014, 09:50 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

30 posts
More
Ohh, thought it was all HOXes. It is the Endeavoru I have.
27th January 2014, 12:05 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 7,580

15,570 posts
Donate to Me
More
They're different phones with different forums. This is the Evita forum.

Sent from my Evita
27th January 2014, 01:02 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 98

610 posts
More
Are you using hangouts? If you look at SMS back up and restore on the market there is a little 3 step process for getting them to show up there after you restore them.
1. Open hangout and disable SMS in settings.
2. Exit hangouts.
3. Open hangouts and enable SMS from settings.

I haven't tried it but maybe that's it.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk
27th January 2014, 03:28 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

30 posts
More
I'll try it out, thanks for the idea

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app
27th January 2014, 03:54 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,373

7,763 posts
You really should seek help on the proper device forum section, as nuances to the device can actually mean that advice given by EVITA owners can be incorrect or even harmful on the ENDEAVORU.

But the nature of the particular question, likely applies to either device (although I can't guarantee it). I don't think you will be able to restore an SMS backup made by the Sense feature on any non-Sense ROM (at least not easily).

Do you still have access to the Sense nandroid that contains the original SMS messages? If so, my recommendation would be to restore that nandroid, run SMS Backup+ to sync your text messages to your Gmail. Then go back to whatever ROM you currently desire, and restore the texts using SMS Backup+.

SMS Backup+ is what I have been using for a while now. Its a simple program that works pretty flawlessly to backup your SMS messages to Gmail. So it works across virtually any manner or ROMs or Android phones.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oggles.smssync

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cyanogenmod 11, htc sense, restore sms
Previous Thread Next Thread