Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,562 Members 53,807 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New Lg G2 user question!

Tip us?

Geezio
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default New Lg G2 user question!

Hello i have a G2 and i also rooted it and have a hotspot mod on it but was wondering about the new update "Va being released i know i cannot update due to me being rooted, but will there be a stock rooted version of the new software and will i be able to install it via flashify? Thanks ahead for the answer!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

LordLugard
Old
Thanks Meter 289
There will always be a stock rooted version of any release. Someone always cooks one up.
Previous mistresses:
Epic Touch (Galaxy)
Nexus S 4G
Epic 4G Touch (Galaxy S2)
Galaxy S3
Galaxy Note 2
LG G2
Moto X (Current)

ctyonthehil
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezio View Post
Hello i have a G2 and i also rooted it and have a hotspot mod on it but was wondering about the new update "Va being released i know i cannot update due to me being rooted, but will there be a stock rooted version of the new software and will i be able to install it via flashify? Thanks ahead for the answer!

Chances are, there will be a root exploit for the new 4.4 update. But ultimately, we'll just have to wait and see.

As I'm sure you're aware if you've looked through the Dev section, there are plenty of 4.4 ROM's already available for the G2. You may want to look into some of those for the time being to hold you over until the official 4.4 release.
Current Device: LG G2 (vs980) | ROM: Stock Rooted 4.4.2

D1 | Inc. | DX | Inc. 2 | Bionic | Lucid | Spectrum | Razr | Galaxy Nexus | Galaxy S3 | Razr HD | Inc4G | DNA | Galaxy S4 | Maxx HD | HTC One

Geezio
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Great thanks but the update i was referring too is the "Spark" update to enable the Spark icons and extra bands for LTE!

ctyonthehil
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezio View Post
Great thanks but the update i was referring too is the "Spark" update to enable the Spark icons and extra bands for LTE!

Does Sprint even take the time to patch root exploits?

Kidding. However, from everything I've read, Sprint doesn't seem to be bothered with root exploits on their devices. But someone with actual Sprint experience would likely know better than I.
Current Device: LG G2 (vs980) | ROM: Stock Rooted 4.4.2

D1 | Inc. | DX | Inc. 2 | Bionic | Lucid | Spectrum | Razr | Galaxy Nexus | Galaxy S3 | Razr HD | Inc4G | DNA | Galaxy S4 | Maxx HD | HTC One