New Lg G2 user question!

OP Geezio

27th January 2014, 11:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

20 posts
Hello i have a G2 and i also rooted it and have a hotspot mod on it but was wondering about the new update "Va being released i know i cannot update due to me being rooted, but will there be a stock rooted version of the new software and will i be able to install it via flashify? Thanks ahead for the answer!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
27th January 2014, 02:23 PM   |  #2  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 293

1,734 posts
More
There will always be a stock rooted version of any release. Someone always cooks one up.
27th January 2014, 02:26 PM   |  #3  
Flag Wooster
Thanks Meter: 7

51 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezio

Hello i have a G2 and i also rooted it and have a hotspot mod on it but was wondering about the new update "Va being released i know i cannot update due to me being rooted, but will there be a stock rooted version of the new software and will i be able to install it via flashify? Thanks ahead for the answer!

Chances are, there will be a root exploit for the new 4.4 update. But ultimately, we'll just have to wait and see.

As I'm sure you're aware if you've looked through the Dev section, there are plenty of 4.4 ROM's already available for the G2. You may want to look into some of those for the time being to hold you over until the official 4.4 release.
27th January 2014, 02:29 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

20 posts
Great thanks but the update i was referring too is the "Spark" update to enable the Spark icons and extra bands for LTE!

27th January 2014, 02:54 PM   |  #5  
Flag Wooster
Thanks Meter: 7

51 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezio

Great thanks but the update i was referring too is the "Spark" update to enable the Spark icons and extra bands for LTE!

Does Sprint even take the time to patch root exploits?

Kidding. However, from everything I've read, Sprint doesn't seem to be bothered with root exploits on their devices. But someone with actual Sprint experience would likely know better than I.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread