Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,161 Members 52,028 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

tablet ui

Tip us?

kalkat579
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 472

DONATE TO ME
Default tablet ui

on the note 2 there were a few roms that cam out right before the note 3 that came out that were tablet rom and looked and worked amazing i was wonder if those were possible because of the unlocked bootloader or it it possible to get that same kind of thing on this phone talking about something such as the attached picture
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-04-13-15-40_zps480afcbf.png
Views:	1239
Size:	167.0 KB
ID:	2532934  

lmike6453
Old
Thanks Meter 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalkat579 View Post
on the note 2 there were a few roms that cam out right before the note 3 that came out that were tablet rom and looked and worked amazing i was wonder if those were possible because of the unlocked bootloader or it it possible to get that same kind of thing on this phone talking about something such as the attached picture
Yeah I'm with you on this. You can use Phab7 Xposed MOD that will enable the dual pane settings across all apps ok, but force closes the SystemUI whenever I try to enable the full tablet mode. If you read that thread you can see the developer's responses to me trying to get it to work.

The issue is that our SystemUI.apk is missing the resources necessary for tablet mode to kick in. Enabling a basic navbar is possible on our device, but doesn't cut it for me entirely because I don't have clock, battery, and signal icons down there.
Verizon Galaxy Note 3 - JB 4.3

kalkat579
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 472

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmike6453 View Post
Yeah I'm with you on this. You can use Phab7 Xposed MOD that will enable the dual pane settings across all apps ok, but force closes the SystemUI whenever I try to enable the full tablet mode. If you read that thread you can see the developer's responses to me trying to get it to work.

The issue is that our SystemUI.apk is missing the resources necessary for tablet mode to kick in. Enabling a basic navbar is possible on our device, but doesn't cut it for me entirely because I don't have clock, battery, and signal icons down there.
do u know what resources are missing

lmike6453
Old
Thanks Meter 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalkat579 View Post
do u know what resources are missing
no idea man, i wish or i'd be working on it. i'm familiar with decompiling/editing/recompiling with a set instructions but i'm not a developer to actually figure out what we'd need
Verizon Galaxy Note 3 - JB 4.3