[DEV ONLY] Sony JB4.3 Insecure ramdisk for locked bootloaders!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

[NUT]

XZDualRecovery BETA
Version 2.7.60 feature highlight:
  • Added custom ramdisk support. It will now be able to run a customized ramdisk to boot a ROM! By default this will be disabled. To enable, set dr.insecure.ramdisk in the XZDR.prop file to true.
  • Property dr.ramdisk.location will contain the path/to/filename.ext to make it easier to use any space you like for testing.
  • Supports cpio.lzma, plain cpio and tar archives.
XZDR.prop will be inside the XZDualRecovery folder on your external SDcard if you have one, otherwise it will be placed inside /cache.

The XZ and Z1 versions of XZDualRecovery install a base version (almost stock kernel ramdisk) if you run a JB 4.3 ROM, which at this point does boot, without bootanimation and unfortunately with bootloops after showing a little bit of life.

As I have no Z1, there is no way for me to really create a working solution... So I will be needing your help! I did create a base package to work with, which does the above on the Xperia Z.

The idea is to have XZDR boot the Sony ROM using the custom ramdisk which will obviously have the security settings disabled, making sure system and rootfs will be remountable!

Help me help you guys get a solution for the remount issues!

XDA:DevDB Information
Sony JB4.3 Insecure ramdisk, a ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1

Contributors
[NUT]
ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: 14.2.A.0.290
Based On: STOCK

Version Information

Created 2013-12-22
Last Updated 2013-12-21

Last edited:
Reactions: vsunnyfun and RHBH

[NUT]

Testing FAQ

If you want to help out, make sure you have an external SDCard, this will save your bacon more then once for sure!

Remember you can always boot in to TWRP and use it's filemanager to create a file called 'donotrun' inside the XZDualRecovery folder, this will make XZDR skip all operations on the next boot, this will allow you to come out of a bootloop situation. :victory:

An alternative is to take out your SDcard and change the dr.insecure.ramdisk in XZDR.prop from true to false ;)

The XZDR.prop file should look something like this:
Code:
dr.default.recovery=cwm
dr.vanilla.cwm=false
dr.enable.initd=false
dr.insecure.ramdisk=false
dr.ramdisk.location=/path/to/ramdiskname.ext
The location is unimportant, the extension is: It needs to be either a tar, cpio or a cpio.lzma.

Last edited:

cgomezparra

Sep 8, 2011
Acapulco De Juarez, Gro.
Project Downloads

The Z1 14.2.A.0.290 Stock kernel Ramdisk: View attachment 2467634

Changed init.sony-platform.rc a bit, commented the mount of the securityfs, the echo to sony_ric/enable, disabled the ric service and changed the execution of chargemon to start chargemon.stock (otherwise it would only repeat itself!).

Ok NUT, How can i help you, I'm on locked bootloader C6906, i have downloaded the ramdisk but i don't know how to enable it, thanks in advance.....

I have your rom, and i enable init.d support, but in the XZDR.prop file the location of the ramdisk is dr.ramdisk.location=/system/bin/ramdisk.stock.cpio.lzma
How can transform the ramdisk.tar.gz into ramdisk.stock.cpio. lzma and put in there.....

Last edited:

[NUT]

Ok NUT, How can i help you, I'm on locked bootloader C6906, i have downloaded the ramdisk but i don't know how to enable it, thanks in advance.....

I have your rom, and i enable init.d support, but in the XZDR.prop file the location of the ramdisk is dr.ramdisk.location=/system/bin/ramdisk.stock.cpio.lzma
How can transform the ramdisk.tar.gz into ramdisk.stock.cpio. lzma and put in there.....

I've put a small guide on post #2 on how the XZDR.prop file can look.

dr.enable.initd has nothing to do with the ramdisk feature though...

cgomezparra

Sep 8, 2011
Acapulco De Juarez, Gro.
I've put a small guide on post #2 on how the XZDR.prop file can look.

dr.enable.initd has nothing to do with the ramdisk feature though...

First try, my XZDR.prop file

dr.default.recovery=cwm
dr.vanilla.cwm=false
dr.enable.initd=true
dr.insecure.ramdisk=true
dr.ramdisk.location=/storage/sdcard1/ramdisk.tar.gz

Nothing happens, i have to rename ramdisk.tar.gz into ramdisk.tar only and edit the XZDR accordingly?

Thanks.

Second try with renamed ramdisk.tar, nothing happens

dr.ramdisk.location=/storage/sdcard1/ramdisk.tar

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XZDualRecovery BETA
    Version 2.7.60 feature highlight:
    • Added custom ramdisk support. It will now be able to run a customized ramdisk to boot a ROM! By default this will be disabled. To enable, set dr.insecure.ramdisk in the XZDR.prop file to true.
    • Property dr.ramdisk.location will contain the path/to/filename.ext to make it easier to use any space you like for testing.
    • Supports cpio.lzma, plain cpio and tar archives.
    XZDR.prop will be inside the XZDualRecovery folder on your external SDcard if you have one, otherwise it will be placed inside /cache.

The XZ and Z1 versions of XZDualRecovery install a base version (almost stock kernel ramdisk) if you run a JB 4.3 ROM, which at this point does boot, without bootanimation and unfortunately with bootloops after showing a little bit of life.

As I have no Z1, there is no way for me to really create a working solution... So I will be needing your help! I did create a base package to work with, which does the above on the Xperia Z.

The idea is to have XZDR boot the Sony ROM using the custom ramdisk which will obviously have the security settings disabled, making sure system and rootfs will be remountable!

Help me help you guys get a solution for the remount issues!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Sony JB4.3 Insecure ramdisk, a ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1

Contributors
    [NUT]
    ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 14.2.A.0.290
    Based On: STOCK

Version Information

Created 2013-12-22
    Last Updated 2013-12-21