Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more
Post Reply

[ROM][HELP]SlimICS v4.2 - DS5

11th January 2014, 10:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Good evening,

I have started to work on porting Slim ICS rom to our Streak 5. Slim ROM is really fast and smooth on older HTC devices, so I think we can get good performance by using this rom on our Streak too.

I ported this rom from HTC One X Slim ICS ROM to base Kibuukaīs AOSP ICS ROM.

Unfortunately, Iīve got bootloop at boot animation. I can see boot animation, but it looping the same tasks (see logcat).

So thatīs why I want to ask for help with developing of this rom. Iīm noob, I canīt fix that problem.

Thanks for any help

ROM (only 64 MB!!!)
Sorry, I cant give you link, i have less then 10 posts. If you want to help me, write PM, i will send you link (dropbox)
Attached Files
File Type: txt logcat.txt - [Click for QR Code] (74.4 KB, 24 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lenger96 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th January 2014, 06:39 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Thumbs up try help
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenger96

Good evening,

I have started to work on porting Slim ICS rom to our Streak 5. Slim ROM is really fast and smooth on older HTC devices, so I think we can get good performance by using this rom on our Streak too.

I ported this rom from HTC One X Slim ICS ROM to base Kibuukaīs AOSP ICS ROM.

Unfortunately, Iīve got bootloop at boot animation. I can see boot animation, but it looping the same tasks (see logcat).

So thatīs why I want to ask for help with developing of this rom. Iīm noob, I canīt fix that problem.

Thanks for any help

ROM (only 64 MB!!!)
Sorry, I cant give you link, i have less then 10 posts. If you want to help me, write PM, i will send you link (dropbox)


have u try to fix boot loop by try to port other CM9 ROM???in log i see it cant reload camera lib,,,i am newer too in port rom n try to port kitkat rom,,,just try to use fix menu on port rom,,,by the way what tools do u use???

sorry for my bad english,,,

regard

PerompAK
21st January 2014, 06:10 AM   |  #3  
phreakaz's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Need some developers

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk 2
22nd January 2014, 03:22 PM   |  #4  
nom051205's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 374
 
427 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
You should use rom from device which have same spec as dell streak (see the chipset, gpu and cpu).
HTC One X rom will never ever can boot on dell streak.
Try port rom from HTC Nexus One, HTC Desire, HTC Evo 4g..

Sent from my Lenovo S920 using Tapatalk
25th January 2014, 10:33 AM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Angry really need help here :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by nom051205

You should use rom from device which have same spec as dell streak (see the chipset, gpu and cpu).
HTC One X rom will never ever can boot on dell streak.
Try port rom from HTC Nexus One, HTC Desire, HTC Evo 4g..

Sent from my Lenovo S920 using Tapatalk

hello bro toni,,,how are u???long time not see u,i just try to port kitkat rom from g.nexus one, but stack at bootloop problem,this because i am newbie just copy this paste that from port rom, and my question what ROM that i can use for BASE ROM???or should i am use pure cyanogen pure ROM???hope we can talk much more and discuss about our beloved streak develop
27th January 2014, 03:08 PM   |  #6  
nom051205's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 374
 
427 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by perompak13

hello bro toni,,,how are u???long time not see u,i just try to port kitkat rom from g.nexus one, but stack at bootloop problem,this because i am newbie just copy this paste that from port rom, and my question what ROM that i can use for BASE ROM???or should i am use pure cyanogen pure ROM???hope we can talk much more and discuss about our beloved streak develop

You have to compile new kernel.

Sent from my C6802 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes