[Q] Failed OTA Update, no specific error message

OP Wiltron

26th January 2014, 12:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 52

186 posts
More
I'm on 4.2.2 right now, rooted and happy. I bought SuperSU Pro to get the "survival mode" option, and checked it. Now I'm trying to do the 4.3 OTA upgrade.

It downloads fine, and during the install, the android with the spinning blue globe appears, and the bar fills up about 10% of the way then the phone reboots. It refuses to update, and upon boot up it says "Software Update Failed!". No error messages, codes, or anything to search by.

Any ideas?

I'm trying to keep root with my upgrade to 4.3
26th January 2014, 11:27 AM   |  #2  
Flag Karnal
Thanks Meter: 22

106 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiltron

I'm on 4.2.2 right now, rooted and happy. I bought SuperSU Pro to get the "survival mode" option, and checked it. Now I'm trying to do the 4.3 OTA upgrade.

It downloads fine, and during the install, the android with the spinning blue globe appears, and the bar fills up about 10% of the way then the phone reboots. It refuses to update, and upon boot up it says "Software Update Failed!". No error messages, codes, or anything to search by.

Any ideas?

just flash 4.3 firmware ftf file through flashtool....
26th January 2014, 03:58 PM   |  #3  
Flag Washington
Thanks Meter: 3

47 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiltron

Any ideas?

Have you flash the Recovery to your 4.2.2 version? If yes the OTA will not install
One more point, you cannot keep your root when you update from 4.2.2 to 4.3 via OTA too.
27th January 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 3

54 posts
You can't update via OTA when rooted for some "strange" reason. You need to do that with PC Companion. I couldn't do that even when I was updating firmware in 4.2.2.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread