Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Soft brick and no ROM?

OP bk322

26th January 2014, 01:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Looks like I have soft brick and no ROM.

I have rooted Samsung GT-S7562 Galaxy S Duos, and I wanted to falsh a PMP_U500_GT-S7562.zip ROM.

I managed to install CWM using Odin.

Then I obtained ROM manager from Play Store, and restarted to a recovery mode (before the restart I was asked wither to wipe -- I said yes, do it). On restart I've chosen PMP_U500_GT-S7562.zip on sdcard and pressed install. It did something, and restarted to a screen with a yellow triangle and an exclamation mark.

The only thing that works -- is Vol+ Home Power combination -- it brings me to a ARM9 mode RAMDUMP mode. If during this I plug the phone to windows kies tries to connect to it, but never seems to succed, and Odin sees the phone.

I tried to put recovery.tar the same way I did when installing CWM. The proccess seems eternal.

Any ideas on what I may try to do with odin? Since odin seems the only thing which can get to my phone now.

I also tried OneClick.jar to no success on Windows and on Linux.
26th January 2014, 02:58 PM   |  #2  
Flag Tasikmalaya
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk322

I have rooted Samsung GT-S7562 Galaxy S Duos, and I wanted to falsh a PMP_U500_GT-S7562.zip ROM.

Then I obtained ROM manager from Play Store, and restarted to a recovery mode (before the restart I was asked wither to wipe -- I said yes, do it). On restart I've chosen PMP_U500_GT-S7562.zip on sdcard and pressed install. It did something, and restarted to a screen with a yellow triangle and an exclamation mark.

The only thing that works -- is Vol+ Home Power combination -- it brings me to a ARM9 mode RAMDUMP mode. If during this I plug the phone to windows kies tries to connect to it, but never seems to succed, and Odin sees the phone.

I tried to put recovery.tar the same way I did when installing CWM. The proccess seems eternal.

Any ideas on what I may try to do with odin? Since odin seems the only thing which can get to my phone now.

yes of course try use google with keyword "how to fix softbrick" and see for xda link.. hope it will helping you
26th January 2014, 04:05 PM   |  #3  
Flag The Accumulator
Thanks Meter: 43

180 posts
More
Quote:

Your key combo is wrong, recovery is: http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...#Recovery_Mode

But anyway since your phone is borked, I would advise an ODIN reflash. Get the proper ROM image for your device and flash it in download mode.

See here: http://www.idroidspace.com/original-...duos-gt-s7562/

Best of luck and do take care while doin an ODIN flash, a wrong step and you are gonna end up with an expensive paperweight.
26th January 2014, 07:20 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandm4n

Your key combo is wrong, recovery is: http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...#Recovery_Mode

But anyway since your phone is borked, I would advise an ODIN reflash. Get the proper ROM image for your device and flash it in download mode.

See here: http://www.idroidspace.com/original-...duos-gt-s7562/

Best of luck and do take care while doin an ODIN flash, a wrong step and you are gonna end up with an expensive paperweight.

Well ARM9 mode is everything I've got: pressing all buttons does nothing. Here's everything I've got:

26th January 2014, 10:57 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:

Well ARM9 mode is everything I've got: pressing all buttons does nothing. Here's everything I've got:

Oh I solved it.

Get into a download mode

Remove batary for a moment. Then install it, press VolDown+Power+Home for some 5 seconds, then press VolUp. After this connect phone to PC (with Kies installed).

Odin (version 1.85) in the PDA field choose stock_recovery.tar file.

This will reboot Your phone. Get into the download mode again. This time in the PDA field choose [StockRom].tar.md5

This will reboot phone to a working state. Try to flash a custom rom in a week or something.
27th January 2014, 04:45 PM   |  #6  
Flag The Accumulator
Thanks Meter: 43

180 posts
More
Quote:

Oh I solved it.

Get into a download mode

Remove batary for a moment. Then install it, press VolDown+Power+Home for some 5 seconds, then press VolUp. After this connect phone to PC (with Kies installed).

Odin (version 1.85) in the PDA field choose stock_recovery.tar file.

This will reboot Your phone. Get into the download mode again. This time in the PDA field choose [StockRom].tar.md5

This will reboot phone to a working state. Try to flash a custom rom in a week or something.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread