Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,372 Members 39,361 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Battery Life Expectancy?

Tip us?

pradeepvizz
Old
Thanks Meter 615

DONATE TO ME
Could you post your partial wake locks from better battery stats..

Sent from my HTC One max using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
HTC One MAX ||| HTC ONE > HOX+ > Nexus 7 > HOX > Xperia Arc > Xperia X10 Mini > K810 > K550 > K750
The Following User Says Thank You to pradeepvizz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pradeepvizz
Old
Thanks Meter 615

DONATE TO ME
Something like this would help to debug...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1389943307269.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	2521182  
HTC One MAX ||| HTC ONE > HOX+ > Nexus 7 > HOX > Xperia Arc > Xperia X10 Mini > K810 > K550 > K750
The Following User Says Thank You to pradeepvizz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GrandMasterB
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepvizz View Post
Something like this would help to debug...

Oh bummer. I threw it on the charger as soon as I got home so there isn't really anything to see right now but I look forward to seeing how this looks tomorrow after work. Thanks.

pradeepvizz
Old
Thanks Meter 615

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMasterB View Post
Oh bummer. I threw it on the charger as soon as I got home so there isn't really anything to see right now but I look forward to seeing how this looks tomorrow after work. Thanks.
Oh yeah you surely need it.. Do also dump all the data to text file using the share option..

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1389961219002.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	2521571  

AngelDeath
Old
(Last edited by AngelDeath; 18th January 2014 at 09:09 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1360

DONATE TO ME
There is definitely something wrong there. based on your shot, it looks like a verizon phone that doesnt have the power save.

Mines an international version my girlfriend got for me, Not rooted, S-On, completely stock out of the box, and this is my stats, mines based on moderate to heavy usage: (Note: the battery power saver turns on at 14% by itself) And my battery charges in 2 hours to 100%.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	battery (1).jpg
Views:	67
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	2523514  
Android Instantaneous GPS Fixation
AGPS Script Development

Devices:

HTC One Max 803s Unlocked/Unrooted
ROM: Complete Stock (ATM)

(2) HTC ONE X Global
ROM: Currently Stock JB!! 4.2.2

(3) Samsung Galaxy Note
ROM: JB!! 4.3
The Following User Says Thank You to AngelDeath For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

farazhassankhan
Old
Thanks Meter 112

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1390587696758.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	2536793

Sent from my HTC One max using xda app-developers app

pradeepvizz
Old
Thanks Meter 615

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMasterB View Post
I have recently started listening to music over the Bluetooth and remembered this thread. were you able to able to find the issue?

GrandMasterB
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepvizz View Post
I have recently started listening to music over the Bluetooth and remembered this thread. were you able to able to find the issue?
I haven't been able to figure it out yet. Most days its fine. Like Friday I listened to 4 hours straight of Pandora just because I wanted to see what would happen. Like usually I would stop it if I had to run errands or when I talk to people but I let it go for 4 solid hours. After bluetooth streaming 4 hours of Pandora and about 2 hours saved podcasts and 9:51 off the charger I still had 63% battery left. Thats really great results IMO. If I can get through and entire workday with 50% battery left I am thrilled. I think it was 1:13 screen on time or close. Not a lot of screen on time but that is a lot of Pandora use and that usually hits my battery the hardest.

But Tuesday earlier in the week I didn't listen to Pandora/Slacker at all, a little less than 2 hours bluetooth podcast,less than 2 hours screen on time and hit 38% by quitting time (about 10 hours off the charger). Every now and then there is a day like that where the battery just disappears even with super light use. I have GSAM installed and am trying to keep an eye on use but I always forget and plug it in when I get home (on days like Tuesday) or I plug it into the PC at some point to transfer files or photos and that reset the stats.

I tried that Snapdragon battery Guru and was really excited. The first day after it finished "learning" my routine I got through the whole day with 77% left but all day long I would stop getting texts and Gmails and the data connection would no longer work if I tried to open Facebook or Chrome. I would check status and mobile data is on, connected to the network, good signal but I couldn't get any data to work until I toggled airplane mode or rebooted the phone. SO I finally got frustrated with it, reset defaults and uninstalled it.

One thing I do notice is that I usually use 10-12% of my battery to wifi while I'm at work and the only wifi I use is when I am at home. If I turn the wifi off while I am at work I forget to turn it back on when I get home and now that I no longer have unlimited data that is a pretty big problem. I need to set an alarm or something that reminds me to turn it on/off everyday I guess.