5,604,292 Members 49,097 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] Architect_Edition : * Set your kernel without application * and more *[SCRIPTS]

Tip us?

useltonm
Old
Thanks Meter 20
What is the benefit to using this versus setcpu or trickster?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

NorthLight
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by useltonm View Post
What is the benefit to using this versus setcpu or trickster?

The benefit is not using an app.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

* Set your Kernel without application
* Themes TWRP 720/1080p
* How resize/edit a custom theme for TWRP

useltonm
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthLight View Post
The benefit is not using an app.
Why is that a benefit though? I'm not trying to be difficult, I'm genuinely interested. If using something like this increases my Android knowledge, I'm all for it. I would just like to know before I dig into it more.

themichael
Old
Thanks Meter 106

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by useltonm View Post
Why is that a benefit though? I'm not trying to be difficult, I'm genuinely interested. If using something like this increases my Android knowledge, I'm all for it. I would just like to know before I dig into it more.

This mod will allow for all your specified kernel settings to load at boot via androids init.d. Apps like Trickster will load up in system memory after the OS has booted and will then apply the modifications you specify. You could say that scripts like this are "cleaner" ways of applying tweaks as it is done during boot naturally through the OS and negates the need to have an additional app starting and running in the background. That being said, init.d scripts are not as user friendly as apps like Trickster and could take some time to get used to if you don't have much experience with them. The scripts may also increase boot time but will most likely be a negligible amount.
- theMichael
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to themichael For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

useltonm
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by themichael View Post
This mod will allow for all your specified kernel settings to load at boot via androids init.d. Apps like Trickster will load up in system memory after the OS has booted and will then apply the modifications you specify. You could say that scripts like this are "cleaner" ways of applying tweaks as it is done during boot naturally through the OS and negates the need to have an additional app starting and running in the background. That being said, init.d scripts are not as user friendly as apps like Trickster and could take some time to get used to if you don't have much experience with them. The scripts may also increase boot time but will most likely be a negligible amount.
Thank you. Time to start reading.

NorthLight
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by themichael View Post
Exactly !
Thanks
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

* Set your Kernel without application
* Themes TWRP 720/1080p
* How resize/edit a custom theme for TWRP