Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,210 Members 48,579 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]Text message received but doesn't download. Also seems to come from the future.

Tip us?

Chotai
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q]Text message received but doesn't download. Also seems to come from the future.

So on occasion I will receive a text message (I think it's MMS but I'm not totally sure) and I will get the notification and an option to download the message shows up. I press the download button and it tries to download for a few minutes and I get a notification "Message not downloaded" and the download button becomes available again. I honestly don't have the slightest clue what is going on. It has happened with messages from multiple people so I doubt it's a problem on the senders side. I have screenshots attached of what it looks like. Judging by the size, I don't think it's just too big to download. Also, I just noticed that the date that the text was revived seems to be from the future. I didn't pay attention to it before so I don't remember if this has been the case every time it has happened.Does anyone know why this is happening and if there is a way to be able to read it? Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TXT Screenshot 1.png
Views:	1054
Size:	234.7 KB
ID:	2541672   Click image for larger version

Name:	TXT Screenshot 2.png
Views:	1215
Size:	235.0 KB
ID:	2541673  

homeslice976
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2106

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotai View Post
So on occasion I will receive a text message (I think it's MMS but I'm not totally sure) and I will get the notification and an option to download the message shows up. I press the download button and it tries to download for a few minutes and I get a notification "Message not downloaded" and the download button becomes available again. I honestly don't have the slightest clue what is going on. It has happened with messages from multiple people so I doubt it's a problem on the senders side. I have screenshots attached of what it looks like. Judging by the size, I don't think it's just too big to download. Also, I just noticed that the date that the text was revived seems to be from the future. I didn't pay attention to it before so I don't remember if this has been the case every time it has happened.Does anyone know why this is happening and if there is a way to be able to read it? Thanks!
9/10 times this is a network issue, but this (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...s.smsfix&hl=en) app may help you. Are you using a carrier unlocked device with someone else's service by any chance (i.e. an ATT HTC One on T-Mobile or something like that)?

Chotai
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeslice976 View Post
Are you using a carrier unlocked device with someone else's service by any chance (i.e. an ATT HTC One on T-Mobile or something like that)?
Nope, It's an ATT HTC One on ATT, I'll try out that app when I get the chance and see if it helps.