Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,137 Members 49,771 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Not able to scan networks, solution through terminal?

Tip us?

judson75
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Prompt [Q] Not able to scan networks, solution through terminal?

Hey Folks, This is my first post here on xda. I have a Verizon Droid Charge and since I have finally gotten a new phone I have been tinkering around on this guy. Having a lot of fun and reading a ton. I have loaded a custom recovery (cwm) and a custom ROM (tweaked lite 1.0). Still can't figure out if I have unlocked the bootloader (not even sure what that is, to be honest).

So here is my question, I let my phone battery go completely to zero. That seems to have tripped something, because since this happened I have not been able to get wifi. When I attempt to turn on wifi I get 'Unable to scan networks'. I read a few other posts (not for the DC) and there was talk of deleting the data/local and data/misc directories. Here is an example thread which happens to be in the Rezound forum http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1519237. I have attempted to do the same thing on my DC through Terminal Emulator in SU mode. The /local and /misc directories are not within /data they are on the same level. I deleted them anyways with no luck. I also read in another post to delete the file in data/wifi/ which I tried. All of this was of course interspersed with wipe/factory resets and reboots. The phone is not active so I have no mobile data, thus my options for loading helpful apps are pretty limited.

Thanks for any help, let me know if you need more info.

judson75
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Call me impatient, but after trying all the stuff listed above I decided to pull the trigger on my last resort, full stock reinstall. Did the trick!! Case closed I guess.