XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Someone please write a mass storage app for lg g2

Tip us?

Danester
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Someone please write a mass storage app for lg g2

Mass Storage availability would really make this phone complete for me. Is it that difficult? I have tried a bunch of other apps with no luck . I know Samsung wrote an App for their phones.

khaytsus
Old
Thanks Meter 1011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danester View Post
Mass Storage availability would really make this phone complete for me. Is it that difficult? I have tried a bunch of other apps with no luck . I know Samsung wrote an App for their phones.
No they did not. Some phones with external SD cards you can still access as UMS. No modern phone can you access the internal SD that way as the internal "sdcard" is just a subfolder of the /data partition. UMS requires the device to unmount from the phone to mount on the PC, and it just simply isn't going to work.

There are dozens of apps in the market to transfer files over wifi in various forms.. scp, smb, ftp, browser, etc..

Personally I use a scp server that will run as root so it can use port 22 and use rsync when I want to move large amounts of files around.
AT&T LG G2 - 4.3, AOKP
Samsung Note i717 - 4.2.2, Unofficial AOKP
Nexus 7 Wifi 2012 - 4.4.2, Stock Rooted (m-kernel)
Try my Alternative XDA CSS Themes (including 2010!)

--
http://theblackmoor.net
http://unlimitedphoto.com
The Following User Says Thank You to khaytsus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MalignantQuechnitlan
Old
Thanks Meter 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danester View Post
Why do you want to use mass storage so much? if it is to transfer files to a mac, download AFT here...http://www.android.com/filetransfer/
The Following User Says Thank You to MalignantQuechnitlan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Danester
Old
(Last edited by Danester; 27th January 2014 at 01:55 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I My old htc and earlier phones with android had mass storage. The reason i want it so bad is that my car has ford sync and with ums through usb, i can verbally select tracks i want played without looking at the phone. Bluetooth works but i have to look down at the phone to change songs. Also with old versions of android i could get the stereo sync system to read back my texts and i could verbally send texts also. It was awesome. Iphones work perfectly but i hate iphone. Android worked until icecream sandwich. Its a huge loss for people with stereo systems that have verbal command control across all makes of cars.

Sent from my LG-D803 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Danester For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ShyamSasi
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1665

DONATE TO ME
With HTC One X I could mount it from the recovery. But I guess G2 would not have that option. (One X doesn't have SD, it's internal memory like G2)
The Following User Says Thank You to ShyamSasi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]