5,594,077 Members 47,201 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]Cannot connect my HTC LEGEND to my PC with adb commands !

Tip us?

siva8910
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q]Cannot connect my HTC LEGEND to my PC with adb commands !

Hello !

Recently i flashed CM9.1 Unofficial Beta 8 rom and it was working fine ! I forgot to flash the Gapps for it so i decided to do so . When i open Rom Manager on my phone , it crashes !! I tried connecting my phone to my PC and pushing in the recovery image from r4-legend root to go to recovery mode to flash the rom ! But when i try connecting using the command "adb devices" , its not getting connected ! NO SERIAL number is displayed ! Any fix/help ??

Thanks in Advance

Cheers !

mr.death7
Old
(Last edited by mr.death7; 25th January 2014 at 11:39 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by siva8910 View Post
Hello !

Recently i flashed CM9.1 Unofficial Beta 8 rom and it was working fine ! I forgot to flash the Gapps for it so i decided to do so . When i open Rom Manager on my phone , it crashes !! I tried connecting my phone to my PC and pushing in the recovery image from r4-legend root to go to recovery mode to flash the rom ! But when i try connecting using the command "adb devices" , its not getting connected ! NO SERIAL number is displayed ! Any fix/help ??

Thanks in Advance

Cheers !
Hi,

Did you install the drivers of your phone ? And did you enable the USB debugging on your phone ?
HTC Legend with ROM Baked Black Bean (Android 4.1.2)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2188495

siva8910
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.death7 View Post
Hi,

Did you install the drivers of your phone ? And did you enable the USB debugging on your phone ?
Yep . HTC sync installed and debugging enabled ! But can u specify the exact version of the HTC Sync that should be installed ?

Asovse1
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Hello !

Thanks in Advance

Cheers !
Sorry, I have to ask this, but have you made sure you're using ADB correctly? (cd to the ADB.exe directory and execute commands from there )

Are you also using Windows 8.1?

Lastly, these drivers worked for me whenever I tried something on a foreign system. They ensure universal compatibility, though I've never tried it with my HTC Legend. Give it a shot: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1161769
04/08/2010-20/08/2012, 22/08/2012-27/03/2013: Bell HTC Legend - HTC Sense 2.1 with Android 2.3
26/12/2011-20/08/2012: TELUS LG Optimus One - CM7.2
14/07/2012: Asus Nexus 7 from Google - Stock Android 4.4 KitKat
20/08/2012-22/08/2012: Rogers Samsung Galaxy Note - Unrooted stock (worst phone ever, of all time)
27/03/2013: AT&T HTC One X(L) - Stock Rooted Sense 5 Android 4.2.2
Twitter | Google+
Proudly Vietnamese-Canadian

mr.death7
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Yep . HTC sync installed and debugging enabled ! But can u specify the exact version of the HTC Sync that should be installed ?
I personally use the HTC Driver with product version 3.0.0.007 and file version 15.0.0.591

Otherwise, some questions :
1. are you in a special mode ? recovery, bootloader ?
2. when you connect your phone to the computer, can you mount the SD card ?
3. can you access the recovery mode at booting time rather than within Android ?
4. If yes, have you already tried to flash the rom CM9.1 Unofficial Beta 8 once again ?

Thanks.
HTC Legend with ROM Baked Black Bean (Android 4.1.2)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2188495