Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 52,279 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] best way to disable touch screen on Vivotab RT?

Tip us?

StoneComputers
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] best way to disable touch screen on Vivotab RT?

I tried to post this already but it disappeared... kind of strange... sorry if there are two but its not under my name in my dashboard...
(my first post had back story but I guess its not needed LOL)

Anyway short story I have a VivoTab RT with a broken glass. The digitizer on said glass is acting up clicking randomly on the screen. I will be ordering new glass, but until then Id like to still use my VivoTab... is there anyway to turn off the touch screen? I tried to disable a few different drivers to no help... also I thought there was a setting in control panel to turn it off but maybe they took it out or moved in in Windows RT 8.1? I want this to be temporary since I will be fixing it ASAP just want to keep on using it till then... thank you...

StoneComputers
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question REALLY?!?!?

So there is no way to disable it? All the ways I've found on Google is with Windows 8.1 pro not RT so please let me know even a link... something... I would keep disabling things on the drivers menu but Id get screwed if I disable the keyboard and then it wouldn't work anymore... Id have to restore... I can't believe there is not a quick option to just turn off touch...

Insignificant
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Sure there is. You just need to go into the device manager, expand Humand Interface Devices and need to disable "HID-complaint Touchscreen". That's it. I tried it on my Vivo Tab RT.

.rootCoder.
Old
Thanks Meter 146

DONATE TO ME
Why you wanna disable it ?

SixSixSevenSeven
Old
(Last edited by SixSixSevenSeven; 27th January 2014 at 05:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneComputers View Post
Anyway short story I have a VivoTab RT with a broken glass. The digitizer on said glass is acting up clicking randomly on the screen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by .rootCoder. View Post
Why you wanna disable it ?
Could have just read his post....

StoneComputers
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insignificant View Post
Sure there is. You just need to go into the device manager, expand Humand Interface Devices and need to disable "HID-complaint Touchscreen". That's it. I tried it on my Vivo Tab RT.
That was not there before.... maybe 8.1? I was looking for anything that was called touch and found none..... weard