[Q] no SIM card notification

Tip us?

thejiajielee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] no SIM card notification

hi all,

just got a moto g, just wanna check with everyone, its a dual-SIM enabled phoine but i only require the use one 1. as a result, the second SIM notification is always on the top right of the notification bar. any way to remove that?

thanks!

rht_sg
Old
Thanks Meter 0
bump for any answer to this !

rogeriorp
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I believe you can edit it on Xposed + Gravity Box combo. You can also flash a single sim rom, I believe.

mokkami
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejiajielee View Post
hi all,

just got a moto g, just wanna check with everyone, its a dual-SIM enabled phoine but i only require the use one 1. as a result, the second SIM notification is always on the top right of the notification bar. any way to remove that?

thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rht_sg View Post
bump for any answer to this !
Maybe this helps you.
If he could activate another signal meter in the Status Bar then you can deactivate it maybe in the same way.

rht_sg
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogeriorp View Post
I believe you can edit it on Xposed + Gravity Box combo. You can also flash a single sim rom, I believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokkami View Post
Maybe this helps you.
If he could activate another signal meter in the Status Bar then you can deactivate it maybe in the same way.
i failed to mention, i was looking for any non-root solution, since its a new phone and i m new to rooting myself, i am wary of voiding the warranty just yet.
it is a bit surprising that there is no simple way to turn off those icons in the status bar when using single SIM.

hellgiar
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokkami View Post
Maybe this helps you.
I tried to delete that line but it only made the phone unable to detect any sim cards.
I also tried to use Gravity Box, but I failed to find any options there to remove the 2nd sim notification.
Are there any other ways?
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact D5503 | Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 | Motorola Moto G XT1033 | Google Nexus 4 | Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S LT18i | Google Nexus One - best phone ever