Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

[Q] no SIM card notification

OP thejiajielee

16th January 2014, 09:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

19 posts
hi all,

just got a moto g, just wanna check with everyone, its a dual-SIM enabled phoine but i only require the use one 1. as a result, the second SIM notification is always on the top right of the notification bar. any way to remove that?

thanks!
17th January 2014, 07:13 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 8

125 posts
bump for any answer to this !
17th January 2014, 07:21 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 104

404 posts
More
I believe you can edit it on Xposed + Gravity Box combo. You can also flash a single sim rom, I believe.
17th January 2014, 01:18 PM   |  #4  
Flag Pune (IN), Düsseldorf (DE)
Thanks Meter: 96

433 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejiajielee

hi all,

just got a moto g, just wanna check with everyone, its a dual-SIM enabled phoine but i only require the use one 1. as a result, the second SIM notification is always on the top right of the notification bar. any way to remove that?

thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rht_sg

bump for any answer to this !

Maybe this helps you.
If he could activate another signal meter in the Status Bar then you can deactivate it maybe in the same way.
18th January 2014, 03:19 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 8

125 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogeriorp

I believe you can edit it on Xposed + Gravity Box combo. You can also flash a single sim rom, I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokkami

Maybe this helps you.
If he could activate another signal meter in the Status Bar then you can deactivate it maybe in the same way.

i failed to mention, i was looking for any non-root solution, since its a new phone and i m new to rooting myself, i am wary of voiding the warranty just yet.
it is a bit surprising that there is no simple way to turn off those icons in the status bar when using single SIM.
27th January 2014, 06:42 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 12

100 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokkami

Maybe this helps you.

I tried to delete that line but it only made the phone unable to detect any sim cards.
I also tried to use Gravity Box, but I failed to find any options there to remove the 2nd sim notification.
Are there any other ways?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread