FORUMS

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more

AOSP 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus Q

Google Nexus Q is an intriguing device released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It was abandoned by … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

need overclock help

27th January 2014, 12:07 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
hey guyz

i want to overclock my asus tf101

i am running Revolver 421 based with android version 4.03

tried using Clemsyn-Blades from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKP0sJxHM3I and it was a failure cuz the version i used was not meant for android 3. something.

so please can someone provide me with some current overclock tools.

would be realy helpfull guyz,

thnx
 
 
27th January 2014, 02:38 PM |#2  
*Detection*'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Durham
Thanks Meter: 714
 
Donate to Me
More
Flash KatKiss (Android KitKat 4.4.2) and it has the overclockable Kernel and Overclock settings built in

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2592890


Make sure you are running TWRP Recovery before flashing KatKiss ROMs or JellyBean ROMs though
27th January 2014, 03:13 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Detection*

Flash KatKiss (Android KitKat 4.4.2) and it has the overclockable Kernel and Overclock settings built in

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2592890


Make sure you are running TWRP Recovery before flashing KatKiss ROMs or JellyBean ROMs though

thnx for the replay but i dont see this as a solution, i just want to have revolver rom but with a overclockable possibilities, i already tried katkiss and i dont like it.
27th January 2014, 04:13 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
i tried to flash this kernel http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1565519 V22.6 and was able to overclock with succes but usb mount wont work.

each time i plug in the tf101 in my laptop, i get a notifcation on my tablet (USB debuging conected) when i unselect this through the seting menu, nothing happens.

anny solution ? i also tried V21 but the same problem with usb mount
27th January 2014, 05:14 PM |#5  
*Detection*'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Durham
Thanks Meter: 714
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abati

thnx for the replay but i dont see this as a solution, i just want to have revolver rom but with a overclockable possibilities, i already tried katkiss and i dont like it.


If the ROM doesn't come with an overclockable kernel already, you'll have to find a compatible one

Once you have the correct Kernel installed, grab SetCPU or similar from Google Play to overclock the CPU

Those ROMs are so old now I don't know which ones contain OC kernels and which ones don't, which was why I suggested KatKiss

Check the ROMs main thread for what is included / which Kernel it contains

Quote:
Originally Posted by abati

i tried to flash this kernel http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1565519 V22.6 and was able to overclock with succes but usb mount wont work.

each time i plug in the tf101 in my laptop, i get a notifcation on my tablet (USB debuging conected) when i unselect this through the seting menu, nothing happens.

anny solution ? i also tried V21 but the same problem with usb mount

No idea about the USB problem, maybe is an issue with the ROM / Kernel you've flashed - these ROMs don't have much / any support now

If you want to keep using it, then your best bet is to start reading through that ROMs thread and see if there is a solution in there or hope that someone else can remember / or is still using the same ROM
Last edited by *Detection*; 27th January 2014 at 05:20 PM.
27th January 2014, 06:09 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
yeah i dont think it has to do something with how old that rom is, cuz i know revolver did allot of updates to ensure quality roms, and from the kernel link i shared there was a guy who was on revolver 1.3.1 who did not have any problems at all on the first page at the bottom you can read that.

everything works fine for me like the wifi, charging except the mounting of the device to a pc -_-
27th January 2014, 07:11 PM |#7  
*Detection*'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Durham
Thanks Meter: 714
 
Donate to Me
More
I mean because of the age of the ROM, you're going to struggle to find any answers to problems you have with it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes