Post Reply

[Q] What features / widgets do you lose if you don't use TouchWiz?

OP Neo3D

27th January 2014, 03:39 PM   |  #1  
Neo3D's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 230
 
1,689 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
I know we lose the TouchWiz calendar widgets, but is there anything else? There are some really sweet launchers on the market and I just want to know what I'm losing if I ditch TouchWiz?

Also, how do you tell how much RAM a launcher uses?

Which launcher is most efficient at using RAM?
27th January 2014, 04:31 PM   |  #2  
FeralFire's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 210
 
460 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo3D

I know we lose the TouchWiz calendar widgets, but is there anything else? There are some really sweet launchers on the market and I just want to know what I'm losing if I ditch TouchWiz?

Also, how do you tell how much RAM a launcher uses?

Which launcher is most efficient at using RAM?



You'll lose all Samsung widgets.

Why do you care about RAM?
You got 3 gigs.

Anyway. Nova launcher is pretty light.
The Following User Says Thank You to FeralFire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
x102x96x
27th January 2014, 05:16 PM   |  #3  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
Info 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo3D

I know we lose the TouchWiz calendar widgets, but is there anything else? There are some really sweet launchers on the market and I just want to know what I'm losing if I ditch TouchWiz?

Also, how do you tell how much RAM a launcher uses?

Which launcher is most efficient at using RAM?

Nova & Apex are almost like original android nexus launcher so u will get very good responsibility from launcher.
u won't lose any system features like multi-window, pen windows and etc but launcher features (touch-wiz) u will lose just widgets.
about RAM;
this is galaxy devices problem that cannot manage ram so good. so note3 will be smoother by android KK

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2014, 05:41 PM   |  #4  
kabuk1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 188
 
999 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2007
More
You lose the stock camera, s-note, all the samsung add-on stuff like the widgets, s-voice, all that "S" stuff. There are replacements for most of the sansung stuff for AOSP though, and I seriously don't miss TW at all. I'm also gonna recommend Nova launcher as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to kabuk1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #5  
FeralFire's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 210
 
460 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by x102x96x

Nova & Apex are almost like original android nexus launcher so u will get very good responsibility from launcher.
u won't lose any system features like multi-window, pen windows and etc but launcher features (touch-wiz) u will lose just widgets.
about RAM;
this is galaxy devices problem that cannot manage ram so good. so note3 will be smoother by android KK


Are you saying Galaxy devices don't have good memory management?
What makes you say that?


Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1

You lose the stock camera, s-note, all the samsung add-on stuff like the widgets, s-voice, all that "S" stuff. There are replacements for most of the sansung stuff for AOSP though, and I seriously don't miss TW at all. I'm also gonna recommend Nova launcher as well.

I think he (she...?) was talking about changing just the laumcher. Not the whole ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to FeralFire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2014, 07:26 PM   |  #6  
ShadowLea's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 950
 
3,847 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
You only lose the Samsung widgets.

Spen, Action Menu, Camera and everything else remains fully functional, as do all the gestures and the Samsung apps themselves. (S Note and Calendar do still work fine as an app.)

I'm using Apex. Wonderfully fast. Nova is also good, it's just a matter of preference between the two.
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadowLea For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank