Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,939 Members 51,099 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HELP - After 4.4.2 (n900w8) SIM Card services dont work

Tip us?
 
FlashNAND
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default [Q] HELP - After 4.4.2 (n900w8) SIM Card services dont work

I installed the new 4.4.2 update from mexico using a canadian CSC in odin on my note 3 Canadian model. But now I cannot access any SIM services or networks, when i try to make phone calls I get the popup "Please insert a sim card". Does anyone have any advice?

I tried to downgrade but I got the check fail: fused 2 binary: 1 error.

Do I have to go to Bell Mobility and ask for a new SIM card?
 
mixxy
Old
#2  
mixxy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 107
Posts: 512
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: T.Dot
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashNAND View Post
I installed the new 4.4.2 update from mexico using a canadian CSC in odin on my note 3 Canadian model. But now I cannot access any SIM services or networks, when i try to make phone calls I get the popup "Please insert a sim card". Does anyone have any advice?

I tried to downgrade but I got the check fail: fused 2 binary: 1 error.

Do I have to go to Bell Mobility and ask for a new SIM card?
did you flash the right modem?
 
FlashNAND
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxy View Post
did you flash the right modem?
what do you mean by modem? i flashed 4 files in odin contrast to the ones in a tutorial i followed, except the CSC which i replaced with a canadian version.
 
mixxy
Old
#4  
mixxy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 107
Posts: 512
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: T.Dot
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashNAND View Post
what do you mean by modem? i flashed 4 files in odin contrast to the ones in a tutorial i followed, except the CSC which i replaced with a canadian version.
you were also supposed to flash the canadian modem.

Use Canadian Modem (CP) --> http://www.mediafire.com/download/1o...dem%20(CP).tar

Try that and let me know if it worked.
The Following User Says Thank You to mixxy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
FlashNAND
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashNAND View Post
what do you mean by modem? i flashed 4 files in odin contrast to the ones in a tutorial i followed, except the CSC which i replaced with a canadian version.
THANK YOU! I had the *.bin file on my desktop I completely forgot about it! Thanks much!
 
mixxy
Old
#6  
mixxy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 107
Posts: 512
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: T.Dot
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashNAND View Post
THANK YOU! I had the *.bin file on my desktop I completely forgot about it! Thanks much!
no problem. Just hit the thanks button! Im glad the modem helped!
The Following User Says Thank You to mixxy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Give Your Notification Shade a Facelift with these Modding Guides

Modification has always been one of the strong suits of Android, due in … more

Keep Track of How Much Your Car Truly Costs with Car Logbook

It’s a very well established fact that cars are expensive. In addition to … more

New Nvidia SHIELD Tablet OTA! Moto G 4G Gets Official CyangenMod 11 Nightlies – XDA Developer TV

The Nvidia SHIELD Tablet gets its … more

Prevent Apps from Locking Screen Orientation with HaveOwnOrientation

Most applications on Android play nicely with both landscape and … more