Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,462 Members 42,895 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Missing Toggles after flash back to stock!

Tip us?

wrestlerkid
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Missing Toggles after flash back to stock!

Hey guys,

Looking for some guidance on a seemingly simple issue.

I had jedi rom installed shortly. Then I actually did a full erase, data wipe, cleared out the whole phone and then flashed to stock through odin. Re-rooted, customized a bit with Wanam exposed, etc. Phone ran fine for a month then the last couple days I started getting a ridiculous amount of force closes on several different apps and on touchwiz.
So i attempted to restore to a backup through TWRP.

BOOTLOOP!!

Tried Reflashing backup, formatting the entire phone again and fresh install of stock Rom Through odin...nothing worked, still BOOTLOOP

Finally, flashed bootloop fix script and all fixed. Back to fresh stock OS.
EXCEPT!!
...When I flashed stock first time (following jedi rom), I still had mobile data & wifi hot spot toggle in my notification panel.
Now, after flashing the same exact stock Rom file, I am missing those two toggles!!!
Wth, how!????

Really curious if anyone knows why this would happen and also how to get those 2 toggles back

BACARDILIMON
Old
Thanks Meter 818
Those toggles don't show on factory roms .it not supposed to.

TWEAKED 1.0 NOTE 3

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2576151

TWEAKED 1.0 NOTE 3
LG G3 D851 BAD ASS

wrestlerkid
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACARDILIMON View Post
Those toggles don't show on factory roms .it not supposed to.

TWEAKED 1.0 NOTE 3

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2576151

TWEAKED 1.0 NOTE 3

That's why I don't understand how they were there on their own after completely wiping my phone the first time and flashing back to stock

BACARDILIMON
Old
Thanks Meter 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlerkid View Post
That's why I don't understand how they were there on their own after completely wiping my phone the first time and flashing back to stock
Because when you wiped you did not format your internal as you should when heading back to stock with Odin. It a step skipped by most

TWEAKED 1.0 NOTE 3
LG G3 D851 BAD ASS

wrestlerkid
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACARDILIMON View Post
Because when you wiped you did not format your internal as you should when heading back to stock with Odin. It a step skipped by most

TWEAKED 1.0 NOTE 3
I was almost certain that I did format the internal. Cleared out all of my TWRP backups and all. Obviously I screwed up somewhere tho..

Anyway, Thanks for the link to guide! I followed the steps for adding the code lines to "feature.xml" and rebooted but still no data toggles. Read that the solution to this was a dalvik cache wipe, but ideally a full wipe.
I wanted to avoid this so I revisited sqlite. When I originally tried to get the extra toggles through sqlite editor, I was getting a database error (code 14). Luckily, I was able to correct this and move on to finish the process. Rebooted and toggles are finally showing
The Following User Says Thank You to wrestlerkid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dhat Boi Swerve
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlerkid View Post
Hey guys,

Looking for some guidance on a seemingly simple issue.

I had jedi rom installed shortly. Then I actually did a full erase, data wipe, cleared out the whole phone and then flashed to stock through odin. Re-rooted, customized a bit with Wanam exposed, etc. Phone ran fine for a month then the last couple days I started getting a ridiculous amount of force closes on several different apps and on touchwiz.
So i attempted to restore to a backup through TWRP.

BOOTLOOP!!

Tried Reflashing backup, formatting the entire phone again and fresh install of stock Rom Through odin...nothing worked, still BOOTLOOP

Finally, flashed bootloop fix script and all fixed. Back to fresh stock OS.
EXCEPT!!
...When I flashed stock first time (following jedi rom), I still had mobile data & wifi hot spot toggle in my notification panel.
Now, after flashing the same exact stock Rom file, I am missing those two toggles!!!
Wth, how!????

Really curious if anyone knows why this would happen and also how to get those 2 toggles back
Yea for some reason stock data and stock wifi tethering toggles dont show on stock roms.