Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,262 Members 49,211 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.2.2][WIP][Alpha] SmartisanOS 22JAN2014

Tip us?
 
Nirvana Rules
Old
#11  
Nirvana Rules's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 172
Posts: 575
Join Date: Apr 2010
Oh man this looks extremely promising. Good thing I just got my DNA today coming off LG G2. Thanks Mister

What Z in here? Wow just wow
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nirvana Rules For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
MisterSprinkles
Old
#12  
MisterSprinkles's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 228
Posts: 219
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Westmoreland

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopartonyg View Post
do u have anymore info besides booting? Thanks
I haven't had much time to work on it as I've been working on this but it boots...that's about all I can tell you haha. I do know there is a problem with data so it's not close to a dd.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
 
MisterSprinkles
Old
#13  
MisterSprinkles's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 228
Posts: 219
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Westmoreland

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarboz View Post
I could help with that

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
So I am fairly new to this community... I knew your name sounded familiar but I didn't pay attention. Now that I think of it and I realized why your name sounded familiar, I would LOVE it if you would do some of your kernel magic for me! Hope things are going good for you and hope your get your system set up soon. Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to MisterSprinkles For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Zarboz
Old
#14  
Zarboz's Avatar
Known Scammer
Thanks Meter 9256
Posts: 0
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSprinkles View Post
So I am fairly new to this community... I knew your name sounded familiar but I didn't pay attention. Now that I think of it and I realized why your name sounded familiar, I would LOVE it if you would do some of your kernel magic for me! Hope things are going good for you and hope your get your system set up soon. Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk


Can you please send me a few things

a) A way to communicate (like hangouts or something)
b) What EXACTLY you need from a kernel (you said CM11 without SELinux wich is a easy flag switch)
c)....... yah just what A and B were but i wanted a third item....


hahaha

talk to you soon
 
Building a better droid is the purpose of today Android History
G1->mytouch 3g -> Mytouch slide -> Mytouch 4g -> HD2 magldr -> Thunderbolt -> Evo 3D -> Sensation -> Evo 4g -> Evo 3D -> HTC vivid -> One X -> One S -> ( Evo LTE (thanks xda) -> Droid DNA
I stay HTC.
Checkout my new project at EasyDevStudio
[showp1984] Times of day and sleep are something for weak people - I am a cybernetic organism, and have a sleep mode.
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Come hangout
irc.freenode.net
#teamblackout
I BUY BRICKED PHONES!

The Following User Says Thank You to Zarboz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
MisterSprinkles
Old
#15  
MisterSprinkles's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 228
Posts: 219
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Westmoreland

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarboz View Post
Can you please send me a few things

a) A way to communicate (like hangouts or something)
b) What EXACTLY you need from a kernel (you said CM11 without SELinux wich is a easy flag switch)
c)....... yah just what A and B were but i wanted a third item....


hahaha

talk to you soon
jeremy.jensonjj@gmail for hangouts

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to MisterSprinkles For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Notorious
Old
(Last edited by Notorious; 27th January 2014 at 07:36 AM.)
#16  
Notorious's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 5016
Posts: 7,816
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sydney
Okay for data/signal depending on how they have their framework setup you need to add all your CM RIL from cm telephony-common.jar Decompile it and look for all the smalis with RIL in the name and phonefactory. Smali add all those smalis to smartisan telephony-common.jar /com/android/internal/telephony that should give you functioning data or a start to phone a radio log would help btw
Storage is related to storage-list.XML in framework-res.apk use the one from CM for your device(should resolve camera also but I recommend using Gallery2.apk from CM since it will 100% work)
Soft key lights is in Framework-res .apk /res/values/arrays.xml that controls button brightness and brightness levels/vibration

What device was this ported from?

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Notorious For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
MisterSprinkles
Old
#17  
MisterSprinkles's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 228
Posts: 219
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Westmoreland

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
Okay for data/signal depending on how they have their framework setup you need to add all your CM RIL from cm telephony-common.jar Decompile it and look for all the smalis with RIL in the name and phonefactory. Smali add all those smalis to smartisan telephony-common.jar /com/android/internal/telephony that should give you functioning data or a start to phone a radio log would help btw
Storage is related to storage-list.XML in framework-res.apk use the one from CM for your device(should resolve camera also but I recommend using Gallery2.apk from CM since it will 100% work)
Soft key lights is in Framework-res .apk /res/values/arrays.xml that controls button brightness and brightness levels/vibration

What device was this ported from?

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app
Ok thanks for the tip on the radio. I have tried the storage-list.xml thing already as I thought that was the problem but it gave me a bootloop. This was ported from Oppo Find 5.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
 
Notorious
Old
#18  
Notorious's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 5016
Posts: 7,816
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSprinkles View Post
Ok thanks for the tip on the radio. I have tried the storage-list.xml thing already as I thought that was the problem but it gave me a bootloop. This was ported from Oppo Find 5.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
Weird what the logcat say?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
 
MisterSprinkles
Old
(Last edited by MisterSprinkles; 27th January 2014 at 07:59 PM.)
#19  
MisterSprinkles's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 228
Posts: 219
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Westmoreland

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
Weird what the logcat say?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
I was able to get storage working for the most part. File manager shows everything at least. Camera and Gallery work, but Gallery only shows pictures that were taken after ROM was installed and doesn't show anything that is already on the device. I replaced the config_autoBrightnessButtonBacklightValues with the ones from CM. Still a no go for the button lights but that's not anything major haha. Tried copying the ril files you mentioned and now it won't let me open settings.
 
Notorious
Old
#20  
Notorious's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 5016
Posts: 7,816
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSprinkles View Post
I was able to get storage working for the most part. File manager shows everything at least. Camera and Gallery work, but Gallery only shows pictures that were taken after ROM was installed and doesn't show anything that is already on the device. I replaced the config_autoBrightnessButtonBacklightValues with the ones from CM. Still a no go for the button lights but that's not anything major haha. Tried copying the ril files you mentioned and now it won't let me open settings.
I'll try and port it to my Evo LTE today and see if I get the same issues. I'll be porting from the i9300 tho (international s3)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes