[ROM][4.2.2][WIP][Alpha] SmartisanOS 22JAN2014

OP MisterSprinkles

23rd January 2014, 05:04 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 176

597 posts
More
Oh man this looks extremely promising. Good thing I just got my DNA today coming off LG G2. Thanks Mister

What Z in here? Wow just wow
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nirvana Rules For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd January 2014, 05:13 AM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Westmoreland
Thanks Meter: 228

221 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopartonyg

do u have anymore info besides booting? Thanks

I haven't had much time to work on it as I've been working on this but it boots...that's about all I can tell you haha. I do know there is a problem with data so it's not close to a dd.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
23rd January 2014, 05:28 AM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Westmoreland

221 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarboz

I could help with that

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

So I am fairly new to this community... I knew your name sounded familiar but I didn't pay attention. Now that I think of it and I realized why your name sounded familiar, I would LOVE it if you would do some of your kernel magic for me! Hope things are going good for you and hope your get your system set up soon. Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

The Following User Says Thank You to MisterSprinkles For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2014, 04:58 AM   |  #14  
Known Scammer
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 9,258

0 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSprinkles

So I am fairly new to this community... I knew your name sounded familiar but I didn't pay attention. Now that I think of it and I realized why your name sounded familiar, I would LOVE it if you would do some of your kernel magic for me! Hope things are going good for you and hope your get your system set up soon. Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Can you please send me a few things

a) A way to communicate (like hangouts or something)
b) What EXACTLY you need from a kernel (you said CM11 without SELinux wich is a easy flag switch)
c)....... yah just what A and B were but i wanted a third item....

hahaha

talk to you soon
The Following User Says Thank You to Zarboz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2014, 05:02 AM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Westmoreland

221 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarboz

Can you please send me a few things

a) A way to communicate (like hangouts or something)
b) What EXACTLY you need from a kernel (you said CM11 without SELinux wich is a easy flag switch)
c)....... yah just what A and B were but i wanted a third item....

hahaha

talk to you soon

jeremy.jensonjj@gmail for hangouts

The Following User Says Thank You to MisterSprinkles For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2014, 07:22 AM   |  #16  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 5,125

8,044 posts
Donate to Me
More
Okay for data/signal depending on how they have their framework setup you need to add all your CM RIL from cm telephony-common.jar Decompile it and look for all the smalis with RIL in the name and phonefactory. Smali add all those smalis to smartisan telephony-common.jar /com/android/internal/telephony that should give you functioning data or a start to phone a radio log would help btw
Storage is related to storage-list.XML in framework-res.apk use the one from CM for your device(should resolve camera also but I recommend using Gallery2.apk from CM since it will 100% work)
Soft key lights is in Framework-res .apk /res/values/arrays.xml that controls button brightness and brightness levels/vibration

What device was this ported from?

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app
Last edited by Notorious; 27th January 2014 at 07:36 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Notorious For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Westmoreland

221 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious

Okay for data/signal depending on how they have their framework setup you need to add all your CM RIL from cm telephony-common.jar Decompile it and look for all the smalis with RIL in the name and phonefactory. Smali add all those smalis to smartisan telephony-common.jar /com/android/internal/telephony that should give you functioning data or a start to phone a radio log would help btw
Storage is related to storage-list.XML in framework-res.apk use the one from CM for your device(should resolve camera also but I recommend using Gallery2.apk from CM since it will 100% work)
Soft key lights is in Framework-res .apk /res/values/arrays.xml that controls button brightness and brightness levels/vibration

What device was this ported from?

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

Ok thanks for the tip on the radio. I have tried the storage-list.xml thing already as I thought that was the problem but it gave me a bootloop. This was ported from Oppo Find 5.

27th January 2014, 05:31 PM   |  #18  
Flag Sydney

8,044 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ok thanks for the tip on the radio. I have tried the storage-list.xml thing already as I thought that was the problem but it gave me a bootloop. This was ported from Oppo Find 5.

Weird what the logcat say?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
27th January 2014, 07:45 PM   |  #19  
OP Senior Member
Flag Westmoreland

221 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious

Weird what the logcat say?

I was able to get storage working for the most part. File manager shows everything at least. Camera and Gallery work, but Gallery only shows pictures that were taken after ROM was installed and doesn't show anything that is already on the device. I replaced the config_autoBrightnessButtonBacklightValues with the ones from CM. Still a no go for the button lights but that's not anything major haha. Tried copying the ril files you mentioned and now it won't let me open settings.
Last edited by MisterSprinkles; 27th January 2014 at 07:59 PM.
27th January 2014, 08:19 PM   |  #20  
Flag Sydney

8,044 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I was able to get storage working for the most part. File manager shows everything at least. Camera and Gallery work, but Gallery only shows pictures that were taken after ROM was installed and doesn't show anything that is already on the device. I replaced the config_autoBrightnessButtonBacklightValues with the ones from CM. Still a no go for the button lights but that's not anything major haha. Tried copying the ril files you mentioned and now it won't let me open settings.

I'll try and port it to my Evo LTE today and see if I get the same issues. I'll be porting from the i9300 tho (international s3)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread